The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Terms and Conditions

KSJ1

Hi,

This may sound like a very novice question but do the T's & C's for a website need to be unique for you and be created by a legal professional or could you simply use the same T's & C's from a similar website?

Considering that the courts are constantly overturning some of the user conditions the only covenant conditions that seem to matter are the ones that can be held against you.

I know that is a non-answer but it is correct. I am sure an attorney will tell you different because he gets to charge you to draft a formal T&C and gets to charge you to defend the document in court :D So, I really think T&C is a farce; that at best, may only be upheld in your legal jurisdiction and not globally.

That said, if you just want to threaten your users/members or affiliates with your T&C you could probably say anything you want (within reason) because they can't or won't be bothered to sue you. Our policy is bla bla -- my answer is cya we're done. (not legal advice) but generally you can wipe your ass with internet contracts because they are rarely enforced in a real court action in my experience.

If you copy and change the name;
  1. you are copyright infringing -- you could be sued for that
  2. you are liable for any error or omission in the contract you copy and make the contract yours.
Website Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy - Protect Your Business from Lawsuits and Other Legal Action | LegalZoom
$400 up lol
You can probably find some free form on the internet if you just want to make a search engine or farsebook happy that you are in compliance with their policy (bullshit) ;)
AGAIN; NOT GIVEN AS LEGAL ADVICE
Only offered in commentary :p

Last edited:
You can probably find some free form on the internet if you just want to make a search engine or farsebook happy that you are in compliance with their policy (bullshit) ;)

Agreed! Until you have your business substantially rooted and earning, this will likely bear the brunt of any questions that come up. We have all done it. Later on, once you have a substantial business, it's best to use one of those over charging dickheads to draft a unique and proper set of disclosures. Remember, anything that you promote that has to do with the users earning money from your information on the site may also require Earnings Disclaimer Page in addition to a TOS and other appropriate disclosure pages.

You can knock out the free ones found online pretty quick for the time being.

MI
Back