The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

table changes size in firefox

fourducks

affiliate
Hi,

I'm currently trying to design a website in Microsoft Frontpage 2002 and as part of the site want to include a form on the right-side of each page (inside a table that I'm using for a layout structure).

My problem is that whenever I had a text box in as part of the form, the whole table width expands, leaving a lot of empty space that I don’t want. This expansion only happens when I view the page in Firefox. Internet Explorer displays the page as I want it to.

An example of the width of the table (though without a form) I want can be seen here:

h t t p : / / d r a f t . a t w e b p a g e s . c o m / i n d e x t e s t 1 . h tm l

And an example of what happens in Firefox after I try to insert the form text box can be seen here:

h t t p : / / d r a f t . a t w e b p a g e s . c o m / i n d e x t e s t 2 . h t m l

This effect happens even when I’ve tried writing my own simple form using HTML.

If anybody has any tips/advice as to what I can do to stop this table expansion, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks.

sorry, i forgot to add:

The URLs should work if you take out the spaces. I couldn't post the links without spaces as I haven't made enough posts in this forum.

Is there any way of rectifying this problem, given that I've already designed the site in Frontpage?

Thanks again for your time.

Here's what I think you should do

1. Stop using Frontpage
2. Learn HTML/CSS
3. Use <div> elements instead of tables and use CSS to control their position and size.

If you wan't your site to be compatible across browsers then Frontpage, being a microsoft product is unlikely to give you good results.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back