The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Sweepstakes : use pre-lander or direct linking ?

WoodBulb

affiliate
Hi!

I just wanted to open a discussion regarding your experiences with sweepstakes offers and the use of pre-landers/landing pages.

Since I am just starting, I usually run these type of offers (low payout but easy conversions). However I am not sure if landing pages are appropiate: it seems logical to think that they can serve to warm-up traffic, however, with such a simple funnels, it makes me think that it might be harmful to set extra steps.

What do you think? Do you usually use prelanders? If so, how are they typically (Questionary, Video, etc.)?

I've only dabbled with sweeps and it was a long time ago, so I'm sure others probably have more updated info.

If you're wanting to collect emails then definitely you're going to want a lander for that.

If I remember correctly, I think I was direct linking using a tracking link. My thought at the time was to let people get there fast without taking too much time to think more about it.

Keep in mind that things have changed a lot in the past few years.

It it really worth to collect this types of emails??
Thank you..

Honestly, I can't say because I only dappled with that vertical. Email collection is sort of a norm for most things, that's why I said it. But if you plan to promote more of that type of offer, I'd say yes, why not? Then you can notify subscribers of new opportunities to enter contests and sweepstakes.

Honestly, I can't say because I only dappled with that vertical. Email collection is sort of a norm for most things, that's why I said it. But if you plan to promote more of that type of offer, I'd say yes, why not? Then you can notify subscribers of new opportunities to enter contests and sweepstakes.
Thanks for your information..
Can you suggest me any other helpful tips regarding sweepstakes offer promotion??
Best regards..

Honestly, no, not really. Target as best you can and make sure that you're not paying too much for clicks. Standard stuff.

We have members currently promoting sweeps, I'm hoping some of them will see this thread and pop in with some more info for you.

Contests, sweepstakes, giveaways, etc., are all the same animal and yes it is always more successful with great landers as well as collecting the emails as the funnels should be niche, or geo, or demographically targeted so you can build targeted lists.

Hi again,

Thank you so much for the discussion.

At the moment I am not collecting the e-mails : most sweepstakes vendor pages already ask the user for their e-mail. I thought that asking for the e-mail myself would look wierd and lower the %CR. Althought it seems worth to grow an e-mail list for the long run.

Does this makes sense? Should I try to request the e-mail anyway? Moreover, I am using mainly Push (PropellerAds) for running these campaigns. Is there any other methods that can be efective for sweepstakes/cupons? (like PopUnder)

Again, many thanks for these answers.

most sweepstakes vendor pages already ask the user for their e-mail. I thought that asking for the e-mail myself would look wierd and lower the %CR.

I would probably not immediately send them to another sign up page. I'd likely get them to sign up for emails offering content and notifications of new and exciting sweepstakes/contests that they can enter. You could offer some kind of freebie to get the emails in the first place - maybe sweepstakes strategies or winning secrets, whatever.

Just my thoughts on it.

Why waste thoes emails when you can make x10 + from thoes people that complete the sweep. Like azgold said collect the emails and i suggest you to send them every week an offer and if it work for you and get the profits u have to keep reinvesting by advertising and collecting more emails. Best of luck :)

Thank you to you all for these advises!
I will therefore start using landing pages for collecting these e-mails, for future e-mail campaigns.

MI
Back