The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Sweepstakes guidelines and US policies

artie7

affiliate
Hi Y'all,

I have seen several emails from different networks urging affiliates to comply with US market regulations, they provided an extensive list of appropriate way of marketing and guidelines on what to use in your landers, squeeze pages, etc. Words like 'win' is forbidden, etc

However, every Lander I've seen on US and other GEOs ALL of them seem not-compliant at any point, some will use "misleading" instructions, counters, domain names (amazon.com-mydomain.com style) etc.

On one side of the table I want to be compliant with all of this, you risk your income if you get discovered running non-compliant content, on the other hand, you need to be what is consider "aggresive" at your landers to be competitive...

I've seen also black-hat techniques affiliates use trying to hide the aggressive landers, but I the end I think if the advertiser receive too many complaints from your leads, they will not even need to see your landers, and you will be in trouble right away...

Difficult situation so far...

Hi Y'all,

I have seen several emails from different networks urging affiliates to comply with US market regulations, they provided an extensive list of appropriate way of marketing and guidelines on what to use in your landers, squeeze pages, etc. Words like 'win' is forbidden, etc

However, every Lander I've seen on US and other GEOs ALL of them seem not-compliant at any point, some will use "misleading" instructions, counters, domain names (amazon.com-mydomain.com style) etc.

On one side of the table I want to be compliant with all of this, you risk your income if you get discovered running non-compliant content, on the other hand, you need to be what is consider "aggresive" at your landers to be competitive...

I've seen also black-hat techniques affiliates use trying to hide the aggressive landers, but I the end I think if the advertiser receive too many complaints from your leads, they will not even need to see your landers, and you will be in trouble right away...

Difficult situation so far...

Competing with black hat techniques, strategies, and methods is always challenging. The BH'ers that are very successful have some of their direct advertisers in their back pocket. One of those dirty little secrets out their is that many advertisers keep a secret and tight relationship with a handful of high volume black hat marketers. When others implement the same marketing behavior as these black hatters, they get banned immediately.

I don't do BH, but I do a little (very little) grey hat stuff. I have a total black hat friend who has been earning a couple of million a year for many years and is always telling me about these backroom deals.

Don't try to emulate them, stick with finding the white hat measures that produce, be compliant with the Fed, and be compliant with all other TOS's. You can win, you can earn, and you can sleep peacefully knowing you won't be banned somewhere when you wake the next day.

Yeah, what TJ says.

Also not all countries are so strict than US. South America, Asia, Africa are regions with less strict regulations. Though Africa is getting more and more regulated nowadays.

I suggest to do your homework and read through carefully the regulations in all countries you might wanna work. You'll see what can you do where.

Competing with black hat techniques, strategies, and methods is always challenging. The BH'ers that are very successful have some of their direct advertisers in their back pocket. One of those dirty little secrets out their is that many advertisers keep a secret and tight relationship with a handful of high volume black hat marketers. When others implement the same marketing behavior as these black hatters, they get banned immediately.

I don't do BH, but I do a little (very little) grey hat stuff. I have a total black hat friend who has been earning a couple of million a year for many years and is always telling me about these backroom deals.

Don't try to emulate them, stick with finding the white hat measures that produce, be compliant with the Fed, and be compliant with all other TOS's. You can win, you can earn, and you can sleep peacefully knowing you won't be banned somewhere when you wake the next day.

Very interesting...I'm a new affiliate looking to get into sweepstakes.

I do have one question for you since you've been in the game for a long time.

Are sweepstakes morally compliant? Do people really get to win one of those iPhone or anything at all? And how do the people who create these sweepstakes offers monetise them?

Very interesting...I'm a new affiliate looking to get into sweepstakes.

I do have one question for you since you've been in the game for a long time.

Are sweepstakes morally compliant? Do people really get to win one of those iPhone or anything at all? And how do the people who create these sweepstakes offers monetise them?

On average, especially with companies in the U.S. and the U.K., giveaways are vetted by them to be compliant with local, state, and federal laws.

As for moral compliance, what is that? There are no morality governances that I am aware of. Morals are a highly personal thing. I understand you are looking for a moral grounding, but that is completely up to you to decide, not for anyone else to decide for you.

On average, especially with companies in the U.S. and the U.K., giveaways are vetted by them to be compliant with local, state, and federal laws.

As for moral compliance, what is that? There are no morality governances that I am aware of. Morals are a highly personal thing. I understand you are looking for a moral grounding, but that is completely up to you to decide, not for anyone else to decide for you.

I agree that everyone has to decide for himself where he draws his line.

Would you consider sweepstakes offers as a greyhat area?

And how are sweepstakes offers monetised? I don't have a problem with their monetarisation as long as the people get what they're expecting...

Offers are neither white hat, grey hat, or black hat if you are dealing with a reputable network. It's up to you to do your research on the offers you promote. Google them, look for reviews about the products being promoted. Research is the backbone of our industry. We are in the data business. Everything we do is data driven. Nothing we do is morally driven. If you find a promotion contrary to your own moral objectives, then simply refrain from promoting it.

banners
Back