The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

sure is a lot of garbage out there but.....

thomas1957

I cant tell you the amount of things I have watched or read when it comes to affiliate marketing. There is so much stuff out there it will boggle the human mind.
I have found some very honest answers to questions and have almost taken the bait on many occasions from guys that are just trying to make a buck.
Its not a slam of anyone just that some people are dishonest and I say, don't take the bait.
I think my favorite thing is the YouTube videos where the thumbnail has a goofy photo of the guy trying to sell you something. They always have that dumb or surprised look on their face and pointing to the words above them or their finger is over their lip shushing you so no one else hears the big secret they are about to tell you and they have over 100,000 views on that video. Yeah its a big secret but I'm willing to tell everyone.
I have Camtasia. I have photoshop I have adobe premiere pro. I have a wonderful SONY mirrorless camera and all the bells and whistles that would allow me to do the same. I have been tempted to buy from these guys but have not taken the bait.
I have decided I don't want to be one of those guys. I want to be one of you guys.
I cant tell you how brutal the advise here can be. But its honest. And isn't that all we really need.
The first advise I got here was to look for Shaun mars. I did and without trying to sell me he gave me his honest advice. Is he correct all the time? I don't know because I don't. But he has been helpful.
The others here azgold, T J Tutor and a few other have given me great advice and most of it has stopped me from buying that how to course for 399. but wait, there's more! I have learned so much and it has not cost me a dime.
The only money I have spent on this venture was the WP and a few domain names. One of those domain names was my own name. It was never available but now its mine. What will I do with it? I have no idea. but I got it. I have not posted one post, blog or article only because I am still not sure what each one does or if they are basically the same and I really don't care. It will be what I make it. Oh, I spent 10 bucks at keywords everywhere.
I do know however what I want to do with the idea that I have. I want to sell actual products that people use. Household items, activity things. things people can touch and use to make life better or easier or just because they want them. That's what I want to do.

I guess I could create a website that tells people that want to do this internet selling stuff that 99% of the guys that are on the internet are your competition and they only want to sell you courses to another up sale, keyword search sites that cost 80 buck a month or more. (commissions are great). or something else. I am really not fond of the email stuff. Not by someone legit but the ones that are giving you one last chance to buy my road to riches class that is different from the last course that I tried to sell you that was your road to riches.
I know I sound a little bitter. Probably because I am.
I was triggered by watching a youtube video and realized that most of these guys talk so fast their mouth cant keep up with the words. This one guy was doing great helping me with website building until I realized 30 minutes in that I now had 15 different plug ins and when it came to choosing something I "had to have"....It was not "free" as I was led to believe. The video had a lot of that chop you see. If you wanted to buy this theme or builder it was not free. and it was not explained it was just left for you to figure out you had to buy it to get it and this guy did a great job getting me there.
I threw it in the snake oil folder after I wasted 30 minutes.

So I want to thank the honesty of this group. Not one person has tried to sell me anything and the advise I have received is gold to me.
Thank you
Anyone know where I can find someone who will just send me money so I don't have to do this?..No?

Thomas, you are the king of clickbaiters! :D

I want to be one of you guys.

YAY!
giphy.gif

(I'm Elaine :D)
I cant tell you how brutal the advise here can be. But its honest. And isn't that all we really need.

Yes but there's a good reason for that - it helps you know what you need to do to succeed.

Why is that important to us?

Because we want to dance like Seinfeld characters when you make you first conversion! :) We celebrate things like that. And if you're having a poopy day, we'll offer moral support. It's what we do, it's how we roll.

The others here azgold, T J Tutor and a few other have given me great advice and most of it has stopped me from buying that how to course for 399.

Yay, again! :)

but wait, there's more!

LOL, nice infomercial insertion. T-Fal, anyone? :D

That's what I want to do.

Then you shall, no reason why you can't.

I know I sound a little bitter. Probably because I am.

Once you hit the 'smooth sailing' point, that can change to naner naner naner.

Anyone know where I can find someone who will just send me money so I don't have to do this?.

LOL, get in line! Actually, I'm just kidding about that. This industry can be great, addictive fun once you get comfortable with it. I'm not saying everyday has bluebirds flying around your head but once it gets in your blood, it can be hard to put down.

So I want to thank the honesty of this group. Not one person has tried to sell me anything and the advise I have received is gold to me.

100.gif

And thank-you for letting us be part of your new adventure. :)

Last edited:
He's been great! Has helped steer me in the right direction so many times. Solid advice and always responds too.

TJ is extremely knowledgeable, he knows what he's talking about and he's very good at helping in the best way for each member. :)

@thomas1957
Your post put a smile on my face for many reasons, it's refreshing to hear your views and to be honest I think you'll do ok.
Affiliate marketing can be a very shady business, especially for new starters. I would throw a guess that 80% of affiliates in this games are newbies. They come with big dreams of easy money and even bigger budgets. They soon fall to the hands of some very slick sales pitch and before they know it their money is spent and they're off chasing another rainbow. Some don't even realize it's happened. Easy pickings for some and bread and butter for the business.
I've done a heap of research into sales and I quite enjoy following people from forums to their blogs, then onto their products and seeing the different angle of sales they use.

I think the quicker you know your position in this game the better your chances.
Absolutley everything you need to succeed is free, without doubt.

Absolutley everything you need to succeed is free, without doubt.
Noobie here!

I think I've made myself a rule where I'll never spend any money on a course. ( I haven't, ever). Waaay to difficult to weed out what information will be legitimate and what won't. Researching information can be difficult and frustrating, Google alone won't always give you the answer. Even on a forum like this, you'll have learn to do some serious digging. It's really a trade-off. Either learn how to research and get the infromation you're looking for, free, or be lazy and throw away your money to "gurus" who won't give you the answer, but rather tell you something you could have Googled, or found in here.

Noobie here!

I think I've made myself a rule where I'll never spend any money on a course. ( I haven't, ever). Waaay to difficult to weed out what information will be legitimate and what won't. Researching information can be difficult and frustrating, Google alone won't always give you the answer. Even on a forum like this, you'll have learn to do some serious digging. It's really a trade-off. Either learn how to research and get the infromation you're looking for, free, or be lazy and throw away your money to "gurus" who won't give you the answer, but rather tell you something you could have Googled, or found in here.

1. Choose niche
2. Register domain
3. Add hosting
4. SSL
5. Upload CMS
6. Set up tracking
7. Start creating content
8. Apply to affiliate programs
9. Generate revenue
10. Improve

There is no barrier to entry except procrastination

The best money I have spent is on Kindle books on marketing. Spend some and read. Many books are $10 or $12 read the reviews and sample the book content first before you buy. Or, add kindle unlimited to your prime subscription (if you have one).

Do you have a recommended list?
David Allen knows his stuff

1. Choose niche
2. Register domain
3. Add hosting
4. SSL
5. Upload CMS
6. Set up tracking
7. Start creating content
8. Apply to affiliate programs
9. Generate revenue
10. Improve

There is no barrier to entry except procrastination
Definitely a great list. I plan to run paid traffic, native + push mainly for now.

Thank you all, you can't see it, but I do blush!

All of you have your own respective businesses and all of you are here to learn and to contribute to one another's learning and advancements in those businesses. Some of my responsibilities are to set examples and I do that by giving what I have to those that can benefit by it. All I ask is that you all do the same for one another. We are a united front for the betterment of one another.

LOVE YOU ALL!

banners
Back