The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Super Noob Question

PedroJohnson

affiliate
Hi guys, unfortunately this is not a joke, I’m pissed off because I’m trying really hard to understand this Tracking and Hosting thing but I’m having trouble.

So: I want to run a dating campaign. I’m already in an aff network and I already know the offer I want to run.

I went to XNXX and saw some prelanders and what I did was:
Copy all that HTML to a notepad and saves it as a HTML file.

I’m with Binom for tracking and Digital Ocean for hosting.

So now I have this HTML document.

How do I host it in Digital Ocean, and what do I have to do in order to change links in the HTML in order to having the links redirecting to my affiliate ID and to the offer I will be running?

Any help is very very appreciated.

Thank you guys.

Okay @PedroJohnson, you are asking in the right place.

here is a new tutorial i made last week from here, it has everything you need to know about creating and hosting landing pages.
by the way you will pay less than what you pay in Digital Ocean and the results is much better, because of the CDN technology.

if you have questions ask them in the tutorial thread.

Hosting at digital ocean? I have one VPS with them in Amsterdam are you using their VPS servers?

The other questions answer is you have to edit the page's source code.
//domain.com/index.html?affiliate_id=12345 to => //domain.com/index.html?affiliate_id=67890
An over simplification perhaps but that idea.

For the record: I would not just paste and copy someone else's copyright landing page -- it's just unethical to steal someone else's work <<< that is not *sharing* it's theft.

If you use someone else's coding ideas in you own original work -- that is fair game -- usually -- you still could get sued or have your host close your account for copyright infringement -- there is some minor risk doing that.

Bootstrap developed by Twitter
Getting Started - Materialize developed with the help of Google

These are free open source templates to get you started

Your server account has a document root for the webserver to serve the files to the public internet. That can be in /var/www/html ... or somewhere else depending on how the document root is configured in the webserver.

FTP SFTP is one way to move files to a server
scp or rsync in putty (windows), or the real deal in a LINUX shell work best -- but require technical skills.

If you have root the webserver configuration may be in /etc/nginix or /etc/apache2 You do on a vps or dedicated/co-lo servers. Again, this requires technical skills -- learning curve (years).

If you only have a virtual hosting account you cannot access these files in a ssh terminal. Read the documentation on the server account if that is the case.

MI
Back