The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Super fast Wordpress hosting for $5/month

AliC

affiliate
Hi - I found a great way to load Wordpress onto a site for as little as $5/month. I had it working on my server, and it is fast.

The added bonus is that you dont need to spend ages configuring a VPS as well :)

However, you will need a bit of server knowledge to get this running.

1. Goto DigitalOcean - sign up for $5/month Ubuntu 16.04 plan --- very often there are free vouchers on the net for 1-3 months service. Have a look on Google or this forum

2. You want to use NGINX as a web server, not Apache - it's much faster.

3. You'll need a bit of server knowledge, like how to log in with PuttY to your VPS server. There are some guides on the net.

4. Goto https easyengine [dot] io and use their install scripts. This is not an affiliate link - I had to put it this way because I am below the min post limit for links! The site is called "easy engine"

They have a two line install for NGINX, PHP, MYSQL, wordpress - and all the necessary settings. It is great - it just installs everything and you have a WP site ready to go .... for free!

The two install lines are:

wget -qO ee rt.cx/ee && sudo bash ee
sudo ee site create example.com --wpfc # install wordpress on example.com

As I mentioned, some VPS knowledge is needed - like how to log into a server and run command line instructions - but other than that this is the best way I have found to get a fast WP site running.

Forget shared hosting!

Cheers,
Alex

Hi - I found a great way to load Wordpress onto a site for as little as $5/month. I had it working on my server, and it is fast.

The added bonus is that you dont need to spend ages configuring a VPS as well :)

1. Goto DigitalOcean - sign up for $5/month Ubuntu 16.04 plan --- very often there are free vouchers on the net for 1-3 months service. Have a look on Google or this forum

3. You'll need a bit of server knowledge, like how to log in with PuttY to your VPS server. There are some guides on the net.

4. Goto https easyengine [dot] io and use their install scripts. This is not an affiliate link - I had to put it this way because I am below the min post limit for links! The site is called "easy engine"

They have a two line install for NGINX, PHP, MYSQL, wordpress - and all the necessary settings. It is great - it just installs everything and you have a WP site ready to go .... for free!

As I mentioned, some VPS knowledge is needed - like how to log into a server and run command line instructions - but other than that this is the best way I have found to get a fast WP site running.

Forget shared hosting!

Cheers,
Alex

I don't see the benefit. For one thing it's a single core processor, 512MB RAM, and doesn't have CPanel or WHM. Our business requires a minimum of two cores, 2GB of RAM, and everyone needs to have both CPanel and WHM, IMO!

Depends on how much you have visitors and how optimized your website is. If you have purred 5-10k per day then this configuration is a zero.

I tried this before, another great hosting option for wordpress, you can also host your wordpress in amazon aws, Godaddy Cloud server, google compute and Microsoft azure.

Great, I've install on DigitalOcean and the loading speed is amazingly fast, it took merely 600ms (0.6sec) to load!
Thanks for sharing!

Forget shared hosting!

Cheers,
Alex

Although I primarily use Nginx, it is no faster than Apache processing php when using PHP-FPM. The "pipes" (internet interface) most people's servers are on makes a web server bandwidth limited i.e. saturate the pipe way before you even reach resource exhaustion. The slow person in the restaurant is the cook (PHP), not the cashier (Apache/Nginx/Litespeed/etc.)

Although I primarily use Nginx, it is no faster than Apache processing php when using PHP-FPM. The "pipes" (internet interface) most people's servers are on makes a web server bandwidth limited i.e. saturate the pipe way before you even reach resource exhaustion. The slow person in the restaurant is the cook (PHP), not the cashier (Apache/Nginx/Litespeed/etc.)
so very correct! Nginx is much faster service static html/css content. There is no benefit over Apache when serving php, which is the coding language that WordPress is build with.

Also, you may have a great setup from day 1, but as time goes on, your server is going to be laggy once it's starts memory swapping on only 512mb.

I don't see the benefit. For one thing it's a single core processor, 512MB RAM, and doesn't have CPanel or WHM. Our business requires a minimum of two cores, 2GB of RAM, and everyone needs to have both CPanel and WHM, IMO!

cPanel depends on the end user.

For instance, the 2GB you mentioned...with cPanel/WHM... 1GB is already lost. It accounts for cPanel/WHM, Apache, MySQL, DNS, Stats, Emails, and all the installed services that work in the background. The remaining 1GB is left over for WordPress.

Now with WordPress, there's a market of users who never log into the cPanel account. They only log into their WordPress dashboard and that's it. They may use it for eCommerce, or to post blogs related to their business or hobby.

so very correct! Nginx is much faster service static html/css content. There is no benefit over Apache when serving php, which is the coding language that WordPress is build with.

Also, you may have a great setup from day 1, but as time goes on, your server is going to be laggy once it's starts memory swapping on only 512mb.

If one goes with a host that uses Nginx over Apache, it can be drastically faster, but is has to be configured properly, and not just use the default settings. This also includes adding a server-side cache, and changing from the default MySQL which will reduce page loading times, which for someone using WordPress for Affiliate marketing, this is key.

A well tuned non-cPanel VPS with 2GB will handle a greater amount of traffic, and if done right, will not use Swap. Once any VPS starts using Swap, there's already issues that needs to be addressed.

Thanks for sharing this offer. I was also looking for the same kind of offer. lol

Update - I've been playing with this setup and it's amazingly fast - 700mS for a wordpress site.

I've added in the plugin "W3 Total Cache" to cache pages - this plugin updates pages when they change in WP and stores a static version on the server. Combined with NGINX this makes hosting lazer fast!

Until you have actually tried it, please no comments on whether it works or not.

Who needs a cpanel when you have a whole Linux server at your disposal. I've never needed cPanel, I just learn a few simple linux commands.

But as I said, if you are technically not good with computers, this is not the hosting route to use. Go back to hostgator etc...

Unbelievers go here:

10 Million hits a day with Wordpress using a $15 server - Ewan's Blog on IT and stuff
40 Million hits a day on WordPress using a $10 VPS | Review Signal Blog
(This is what inspired the OP).

Using Easy Engine in the OP takes care of a lot of the technicals in that article. Setting up NGINX can be tricky otherwise.

My server setup is the $5/m digital ocean VPS - 512MB ram etc...

Once the pages are cached, mySQL, PHP is hardly ever needed...that is the beauty of using this setup. You have the power of WP to create a site, then the caching power of this server setup. Most of the time it will only be serving simple HTML, CSS, JS files.

Apache slows down after 10,000 users really badly - NGINX is the new boy on the block.

Apache vs Nginx: Practical Considerations | DigitalOcean

But getting 10,000 visitors to a site is a different challenge, lol!

MI
Back