The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Subdomains vs Subfolders for landing pages?

Chris R

affiliate
Hey guys,

I tried to search on here and found a little bit of information but none of it was specific to landing pages. Mostly pertaining to SEO for blogs and what not.

I purchased a generic domain name that I'd like to use for multiple offers and split testing.

I really want to get something goin but I want to make sure I have everything structured right the first time.

What would make more sense? Using sub-domains or sub-folders?

Thanks fellas!

The more sub-domains the more dilution (or distribution) of a domain's SEO.

Keyword.domain.TLD might do well with relevant content only if the subdomain has content depth (number of relevant pages).

Generating pages with scripts dynamically still can work but not like it did 5 or 10 years ago.

Landing pages with affiliate offers using bought traffic are SEO poison -- don't waste your time.
  1. no depth (pages viewed)
  2. time on site (high bounce rate)
  3. affiliate links + bought traffic

The more sub-domains the more dilution (or distribution) of a domain's SEO.

Keyword.domain.TLD might do well with relevant content only if the subdomain has content depth (number of relevant pages).

Generating pages with scripts dynamically still can work but not like it did 5 or 10 years ago.

Landing pages with affiliate offers using bought traffic are SEO poison -- don't waste your time.
  1. no depth (pages viewed)
  2. time on site (high bounce rate)
  3. affiliate links + bought traffic

Thanks Graybeard.

The little bit of info I found on here suggested exactly what you're saying. SEO isn't too much a concern of mine as I'm just making sales pages for CPA offers.

I plan to host numerous pages on one domain and was wondering if there was any preference on that front.

The more I've been looking into it, the more it's sounding like sub-folders are the route to go for split testing and what not.

Thank you for your help.

I don't really understand, but in my opinion sub-domains are better than sub-folders

For sales pages?

banners
Back