The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Sub Domains for Affiliates

Baggy

affiliate
Hi Folks

I am trying to look for an affiliate solution that shows our website on an affiliate's website as a sub domain. This subdomain would showcase our e-commerce products and their company logo. When a customer is directed to the sub domain and click on on a product the affiliate is paid a commission. We would control prices and product changes centrally on our website.

So far solutions have been to create 10 copies of the website and put on sub domains. However that would involve 100's of price andn product changes a week.

I hope that makes sense - would appreciate any solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Baggy

Thankyou for that very much needed direction. On some affiliate programs - the white label sub domain has the affiliates logo. How are these generated?

Again thanks inadvance.

My domain is ABC.com
Yours is xyz.com
mysite.abc.com IN CNAME mysite.xyz.com

the DNS will redirect it to the CNAME Alias

all the actions will be on that access.log and that mysite. will be the referrer --no cookies needed

you need a wild card *.zyz.com in your DNS and your server configuration.

Also, you need to buy a wildcard SSL (TLS certificate) to https all of the names explained: What is a Wildcard SSL Certificate? - SSL.com (not an endorsement)

**Actually when done right you need no affID=12345 in the referring URL.
Slippage for the affiliates are return visits that are type-ins with www. and not their subdomain -- that would not matter if the customer buys and the subdomain and the affiliate is locked in with a database.

The cart is on a separate sub domain like cart.xyz.com or unified pay like stripe or paypal or merchant account page.
referring URL (page) passes hidded form imput as to the affiliate name "mysite" that is part of the payment allocation.

Last edited:
banners
Back