The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Struggling with both Prosper202 abd AffKit code in DotNetNuke.

olleper

affiliate
Check the full Blog Post HERE;

Hi Guys. - Programming Gurus.

Continuing on my problems with PHP and Java Scripts in DNN, a full report on the struggling;

As it ended up being quite a bit of writing I stuck it on a hidden blog instead of filling up space here. Here's just a summery of the points;

After installing scripts in the HTML module on our sites, all functionality is damaged, including admin and host menus. I am not able to get into the module either in editing or in settings. The only option to clear it is to go to page management and delete the entire module;

Can Prosper 202, and AffKit be used with Dot Net Nuke landing pages at all?
(The Geo-Location function is working, while the "Exit PopUp kills the page.)

If it can be used, how can it be installed?

As a last resort alternative, can the code be modified for proper function in DNN?
(Again "DNN is a Microsoft ASP.net "CMS / platform.)

Here’s the text file again; prosper 202 instructions and code;

Looking forward to any advise, and constructive solutions.

Cheers Mate!

Olle.

PS; The link to the Blog post;

http://www.goldcoastwebwiz.com/Part....." target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.goldcoastwebwiz.com/Part...n-DNN.aspx

Mate, when you are putting something on the HEAD tag from your CMS, you are adding the script for every other page on the CMS, not only one page.

You need to find a way to add something to the head tag, but just for the page you are working on, not the whole site. I see you are using various modules to add different features like custom scripts to the CMS page, however, they may mess the entire page.

This is how you should work, because you are now altering the base of the CMS and you need to test everything, from top to bottom, one at a time.

1. install all the modules and make a very simple page. Test and see if everything works ok.
2. Install the prosper stuff. Make sure everything works. Test tracking and see if you get the reports.
3. Lastly add the Exit Pop Script.

If you add all at a time you can't see what breaks the website and what works and doesn't.
After you do all this and you get to Exit Pop stage and still doesn't work, post here and we'll make it work. If it works for Wordpress it should work for your CMS as well, it's just a js script.

Last edited:
Thanks Crysper.

Will take it a step at the time.

The page is working with the DNN modules, so I will test again with the P202 Script.
I have posted on a few good DNN Forums as well, so we'll sort out that bit tomorrow.

Be back when it's running.

Cheers Mate...
The Fitness Magazine page;

Last edited:
Hi Crysper!

Are through the first steps successfully;
Website and Modules are working.
Prosper 202 script are installed - and the page still working.
(Haven't seen any data come through yet - so I will wait with further actions.)

Have questions about theP202 issues in another thread.

I will also attempt to remove / hide the menu as this is a "Landing Page" not a part of the over all page.

Then we can set up AffFix and start getting conversions - YAY!

Cheers

Olle..

PS; The issue with the P202 Script was that it blocks all page content below it, simply had to add a separate module for the code in the bottom of the page.

banners
Back