The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Still Possible For Yahoo or Bing To Beat Google?

Viktori

affiliate
Google is now so successful that it seems almost unfathomable that another company in its industry could beat it. I remember a time when Google was not yet as popular and Yahoo was still relatively equal to it in terms of popularity and efficiency. Nowadays, however, it seems like it is already impossible and Google is already too well structured and too far ahead that it seems so unlikely that Yahoo or Bing could ever catch up. Do you think if Yahoo or Bing fixed their structures and provided a lot better searches, that they could ever catch up or even surpass Google? Why or why not?

I don't think that others can reach Google's position any time soon, perhaps, never. Google has the right people to keep it ahead, and it has almost complete control now over the online search engine market. The businesses are trusting Google completely. To get those businesses to turn elsewhere would require other search engines to come up with something new and very profitable to everyone, and that 'something new' isn't even thinkable, and obviously it is not on any drawing board. In short, Google has the apple pie and eats it too.If only Google collapses on its own then those other SE's have any chance to get the top position its market share, IMO.

I'm sure there were people saying the same thing about Netscape when their search engine was the "end all and be all." :) I wouldn't underestimate the young people of today. No doubt, there is probably another Sergey Brin working on this right now.

In business, never, ever, ever have I seen a company modeling after another, far more successful company overtake the pioneer, the individual who first started the game in the first place. Google is one such a major player. It engineered the link-based ranking system; Yahoo and Bing merely followed behind its shadow. Although they both take up approximately 30% of the US market, Google has substantially more users in the US and worldwide in its clasp, and growing. It will not be overtaken unless Yahoo or Bing develop a more ingenious system which, sadly, I don't see them doing.

I am a Yahoo! baby. I was born during the time Yahoo was the trend. But, I became an active netizen at a time Google was starting to dominate the industry. Honestly, I have not even used Bing... even just once. I think it will take a lot before these two email domains can overrule again.

I'm sure there were people saying the same thing about Netscape when their search engine was the "end all and be all." :) I wouldn't underestimate the young people of today. No doubt, there is probably another Sergey Brin working on this right now.

I think I agree with this statement most, I think. Although, I have to say, I'm really having a hard time imagining such a scenario for now. Google is a little too big and "perfect" for me to imagine an alternative, but I do believe what you have stated that anything is possible. i suppose if there was a next step in technology and Google misses it or misinterprets it then it might seem a bit more possible. I'm quite excited to see that happen, to be honest.

Unless Google gets shut down, I do not see any search engine beating Google in the next 100 years.

Bing may come close, but Google will always be number 1.

I doubt Google will ever be toppled by any other company when it comes to search engine and advertisement.
The only quirk that Yahoo has over Google is that more people use Yahoo e-mail addresses. Other than that, nothing else.
Bing, on the other hand, has not too much features to boast and is also riddled with too much ads.
I doubt Yahoo or Bing can ever top Google in being number 1 in the business.

I doubt Google will ever be toppled by any other company when it comes to search engine and advertisement.
The only quirk that Yahoo has over Google is that more people use Yahoo e-mail addresses. Other than that, nothing else.
Bing, on the other hand, has not too much features to boast and is also riddled with too much ads.
I doubt Yahoo or Bing can ever top Google in being number 1 in the business.

I never would have thought that Yahoo would have more email signups than Google, although it seems probable since they did get a significant head start. Still, I imagined Google would have caught up by now, and I'm also wondering if not most of those Yahoo signups are made by bots, since I often get spammy Yahoo addresses on my messenger. I've been getting them a lot less now, though.

I think its close to impossible and it would be a long and hard process. Just think about it. About 95% of all searches are done through Google. They own youtube, which is basically the worlds second largest search engine. They have their own browser, their own mobile OS, and Gmail, which is widely considered to be the best e-mail platform... And they give you all of this for free. I honestly can't see anyone beating them in the near future.

It's definitely not impossible, but it will take a while for them to actually be on-par with Google. I believe Yahoo and Bing both add up to 30% of the searches, so that's still a decent amount of users still using one of the two. Google however, is at 70%, and still putting out frequent updates to make it better. They try to develop an algorithm that naturally ranks organic and good content on their websites, and try very hard to penalize blackhat methods. I don't think Yahoo or Bing cares since I see a lot of spammy websites when I search on their site. Not to mention their interface is not the greatest. In order for them to catch up, I would recommend them improving the interface, teaming up and developing a better search algorithm than Google.

Haha. Google is definitely dominant at the moment.

Other search engines may actually beat Google in the future if they put on their creative hats and come up with better features than google. It is not impossible and may happen.

It's definitely not impossible, but it will take a while for them to actually be on-par with Google. I believe Yahoo and Bing both add up to 30% of the searches, so that's still a decent amount of users still using one of the two. Google however, is at 70%, and still putting out frequent updates to make it better. They try to develop an algorithm that naturally ranks organic and good content on their websites, and try very hard to penalize blackhat methods. I don't think Yahoo or Bing cares since I see a lot of spammy websites when I search on their site. Not to mention their interface is not the greatest. In order for them to catch up, I would recommend them improving the interface, teaming up and developing a better search algorithm than Google.

You bring up an interesting point. Yahoo does look a little more lax when it comes to spam, and I've seen this most through their Yahoo! Answers catalogue and various other commenting sections. This makes me think that they aren't really taking it as seriously as Google and are probably comfortable with the market share they have now. They are probably just looking more towards maintenance, if I had to guess.

If they were to beat Google then it wouldn't be withing the next years.
Google is really big now so I doubt that it will decrease any time soon.

The people working at Google are too creative and they are always coming up with new innovative ways to improve it. Yahoo and Bing can only win this war if they poach Google employees or if they recruit from Google's recruiting source.

Bing has significantly improved its search results. When Bing was released, I tried it and I had a terrible experience. I didn't get the results that I wanted and in many cases, the results were very far from my query. But Microsoft has invested a lot of money to improve Bing, and I would say it is now paying off. I use Bing from time to time and I'm quite satisfied with it. Sometimes, I get annoyed when I use Google because there are many Google products that appear on search results. I'm sure you see a lot of YouTube videos when you enter a query on Google.

At Googles current state and power, I dont see it coming.
They are the powerhouse because they have great marketing skills and developers.

But anything is possible and surprises always comes out when you least expect it.

It would take something revolutionary for Yahoo or Bing to become more popular than Google. When people think about search engines, they think about Google. When people tell others to look something up, they tell them to go on Google. After all, when's the last time you've heard someone say, "Yahoo it?" It simply doesn't happen.

Still, it's not impossible. Remember the 'Google Nose' April Fools joke Google pulled on us last April? Imagine if Yahoo or Bing implemented something as huge as that? Some revolutionary new way to search.

Anyway, I'd hate to ramble. In short, it's possible, but very unlikely.

I find it very difficult for any company to beat Google in the next few years.

However, as with all companies, there are good and bad times, and something which seems impossible at present may become likely after some time.

However, I must say that Google seems to have very strong foundations as a company, and I would find it extremely difficult to believe that it will weaken or collapse in the near future. On the contrary, it seems to be growing stronger and stronger, with new cool ideas all the time.

banners
Back