The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Starting an affiliate program for test prep

justin_achievable

affiliate
Hi folks, glad to be here!

I run an online test-prep platform, and will soon be starting an affiliate program. I'm quite new to affiliate marketing, so I would love any advice on how to get started!

To kick things off: which model do you think would be best for our site: cost-per-lead, cost-per-action, or revenue share? We're in the process of expanding to other verticals, though currently, we're focused on the intro-level finance exam, the FINRA SIE, so it's a targeted market.

We have a no-credit-card required free trial where users can experience the platform and read the first section totally free. It tends to take folks a couple of weeks before they actually decide to purchase the rest of the content. We would prefer a cpa/rev-share (is there a difference in our case?) on the purchase for obvious reasons, but for affiliates, it might be frustrating if they send us high-quality leads, but have to wait until the users first complete all the free content... so we're considering CPL, or maybe a two-step commission. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

MI
Back