The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Stable Income form Adult Traffic

adrocks

affiliate
Here we go,

my name is adrocks and I am here to make a stable income from adult traffic. I'm 22 years old and study economics in Germany.

I have some experience in the basic skills, required for affiliate marketing, such as setting up websites & hosting, photoshop, html and php. I'm really not an expert in any of these topics. I can barely code my own website with dreamweaver, but this is really all you need here.

What happend so far:

I started with Facebook Ads in February and spent around 30$ to get familiar with the platform and the whole process. Later on, i started promoting dating offers via direct linking and landing pages. I made roughly 20$ before my ads were suspended and kept getting rejected. Somehow I was able to run dating stuff, whereas it was not even allowed.

I turned my back on facebook and went over to traffic junky.

I created 8 banners, 2 landingpages and set up prosper202 for tracking. These are the results:

26/2/2014: +-0
01/3/2014: spent 45, made 30
02/3/2014: spent 45, made 28

Looking to the statistics, I decided to start with dayparting and weeded the non performing banners out. Theoretically I should be able to cut the expenses by 80% and maintain the income..... theoretically :D

Next testing day was monday and the signup ratio dropped into nowhere, nice loss of 30$.

Right now I'm testing different offers, but the conversion rate seems to be very low all over the different offers.

Any ideas what to do?

Cheers guys!

Hi Adrocks, I think we need more detail to better help you.

Like how long have u tested the offer? How many clicks? CTR and CR? And did you split test 'properly' changing 1 variable at 1 time?

"spent 45, made 30" > do you mean profit at $30, or that's revenue?

Base on your info, I assume you tested the offer for about week. If you have not optimized yet and this is the result (whether profit or revenue), I think its a good start, you need to tweak and optimize your LPs and Ads further. Stick to the offer that works for you, don't change offer yet until you optimize.

hello adrocks i gave besuper a few tips so thought i would just quote them here as you might find it useful as well.

- Ask your affiliate manager for the 3 top dating offers in your chosen country if they don't have more than 1 sign up to other affiliate networks

- Test banners in batches of 10 or more (you're going to have to test A LOT of banners) and cut poor performing ones aggressively..

- Split the traffic your getting between 3 completely different landing pages and once you have enough data remove the 2 worst performing ones and replace them with new landing pages. Wash, rinse, repeat till you find the right banner, landing page and offer combination

- Look for the best headline and image combination for your landing page

- Keep an eye out for the best times to run your campaign

- If your advertising in a top tier country ie UK, USA you will need a HUGE budget to compete with the other affiliates am talking at least $200 to $400 a day and thats just to get enough data because a lot of those guys will be on exclusive payouts.

- You should be aiming for a landing page CTR of at least 30% to 50% if your gonna have any chance of making money as most good adult dating offers tend to convert at around the 3% to 6% mark

- Find out what banners, landing page and offers your competition is running

- Read the blogs of top adult dating affiliates like jayknowscash and adultmediabuying.com

- Experiment with different ad placements as you get different CTRs and conversion rates from each one

- If you hit GOLD scale up as fast as possible as the competition will be on your heels especially in adult

Grind hard and good luck

also i have to agree with auroretan if you could give us a bit more info we would be able to offer you better advice

Hey Guys,

thanks for the replies! I really appreciate that.

Sorry for the lack of detail, I'm not used to posting in froums. But I really want to to some consistent work here, so let's do it.

Offer 1
I tested the first offer for about 4 Days, 1400 clicks. Therefore I generated 16 leads, each paying 6,50$. I lost around 40$ here.

5 ads, 2 landing pages and this offer. I made the biggest loss after the weekend, I cut the ads, that did not generate leads and let it run on monday. Beeing ready for the money to roll in, I spent around 40$ for traffic on this day and generated stunning 2 leads. Campaign closed

Offer 2
This one was running for 2 days, 500 clicks and 2 leads. Pretty bad. I used the same ads [which may have been a mistake?] and the same landing pages, as there was no big difference in their performance. Campaign closed

Did another small test with a differen offer, but it felt like messing around to much.

Offer 1 is among the highest epcs in the adult niche and it seems as if many big advertisers use it. I tried to improve the compability between ad --> lp ----> offer. The ads are all new and the lp's got a makeover. Stuff went live a second ago, let's see how this goes.

cashmoneyaffiliate I stumbled across this huge post few days ago, I try to implement all of it :) Like your recommendations for jayknowscash and adultmediabuying these guys are insane. Love it.

Cheers!

Good evening,

so far it's going horrible. 300 clicks and 0 conversions. Well, it's all hard earned money, but you have to go through this. Will keep you posted

Edit Got two leads. 259 clicks and 2 Leads. Expenses 30$ Revenue 12$ ROI: -40%

Last edited:
Don't jump from traffic source to traffic source until you master it. Keep pushing. And yes make sure your banner > LP > offers are consistent. It doesn't also hurt seeing how your competition is doing it, maybe it would give you a few ideas.

Thanks chinnng, I make sure to stick to traffic junky. You are absolutely right, we need to focus on one thing at a time to make things work.

Yesterday was quite a good day: 300 clicks, 6 Leads. Spent around 40$ and made it back. ROI: 0%

Most of the banners perform quite bad, my highest CTR is 0.25%, which makes my clicks expensive.

I will upload 7 different banners with 3 different approaches tonight and see what I can get.

Cheers

Thanks chinnng, I make sure to stick to traffic junky. You are absolutely right, we need to focus on one thing at a time to make things work.

Yesterday was quite a good day: 300 clicks, 6 Leads. Spent around 40$ and made it back. ROI: 0%

Most of the banners perform quite bad, my highest CTR is 0.25%, which makes my clicks expensive.

I will upload 7 different banners with 3 different approaches tonight and see what I can get.

Cheers

This is really good progress, I would say your landing page and offer seem to be fine, you just need to find a banner that gives you at least double the CTR but still provides the same % of conversions on the back end.

Your are very close tho so keep it up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words!

Another day of testing yesterday: 160 clicks and 1 Lead

I used new banners and some of the turned out to be bad and some are work better than the ones I had before. But somehow I get the feeling that these adult offers don't work so well during the week and peak at the weekend.

Will keep you updated...

adrocks how much are spending a day at the moment on advertising?

The reason i ask is that personally from my experience you really have to be willing to spend about a $100 a day once you know you "might" have a winner in order to get data as quickly as possible.

I spend around 30$ a day, you mean it's not enough because of the fluctuation in conversions?

Yes that's right you have to be spending enough in order to find your CVR average, from my experience i would say try and get your clicks up to about a 1000 to 2000 a day as this will give you more solid data to work with and you should see less fluctuations.

Well I'll be out of money with this kind of budget very soon. So far I had a good start with cpa, I made some conversions and learned a lot. I did not burn all of my cash, which is very nice.

I know what you will say but I'm going to switch over to mobile. Clicks are cheaper, the varieties of offers is bigger, the competition won't copy your banner within 2 seconds and the entry barrier is higher than in desktop marketing. Not many affiliates blog about it, but there is enough material to get started.

I feel a bit bad about switching the traffic source, feels like the "Oh hey I will just check this hot thing and make a ton of money", but I honestly believe that this is not my motivation for this step.

I will go back to traffic junky for sure, but I a bigger budget for this one.

Let's see what I've done so far:

Got accounts at mundo media and matomy, set up a account with millenial media and loaded some cash in, set up tracking and checked some offers.

This is more of a shotgun approach to get thing to work: Launch 2-3 campaigns a day and see how it goes.

Cheers

Some updates on this journey,

it's been quite a busy time for me. I had to write examens, naturally things slowed down a bit. But I'm back at full throttle and I have some nice news for you.

I made my firtst profitable days in mobile marketing, peaking at 70$. Oh boy this feeling is addictive! But I'm far away from stable. After my best day, I saw the traffic slowing down and in the end I was kicked from the offer by request from the advertiser.

I'll keep testing!

MI
Back