The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Spying on competition

The Publisher

affiliate
Hello!

Short intro:
So, I have a maximum $1000/monthly budget to spend on AM and really want to maximise this spend on buying traffic and minimize spend on tools. Only willing to pay for VPS, VPN, domain and must haves.
Even drngo can not convince me to spend 200 on a spying tool( adplexity) or to buy a forum access for 99USD/month. Only the essentials, unless I am able to make 6 figures/year from marketing, than I would reevaluate.

Question:
What are the alternatives for buying spying tools? Did anyone had success with manual spying using VPN? Are there any cheaper alternatives for adplexity that you would recommend?

Maybe, do something unique and original based on some solid market assessments?
Do you have any experience marketing or selling on the Internet (or IRL (in real life*))?

If you don't know what you are doing a spy tool is not going to make you a six figure per year income ... You can't mimic your way to the top -- you can only learn from other people's successes. You can follow successful patterns or become a disruptor in a market.

Thanks @Graybeard! Doing something unique and differentiating your ads/products is huge. I actually work in a product marketing role in finance, but that world is very different from affilliate marketing because we only sell genuinly world class and already well know investment products which are all regulated products. No crap there. At the same time we watch our competitors moves very closely, same as everyone else does really, so we can stay ahead. I feel spying a bit more could accelerate my development in affiliate marketing, but again a spying software is an overkill for an AM newbie. What do you think?

1. vertical: health and fitness
2. niche: pills/powders/shakes/quick fix plans for dieting or muscle building
Somehow, everyone i know is either wanting to loose weight or gain muscle and they want it fast with minimal effort.

Is there any particular spying tool that you might recommend to a newbie?

Glad you are a straight up guy -- that's refreshing.

1. decide a vertical to market in
  2. enter some niches within that market that you like
In other words: start with a plan (of some sort -- you can always amend it later).

Then, when you have narrowed your market area -- study the spy tools

1. get to know how the tool works first -- most have documentation for the public to read.
  2. then, and only then start a trial or buy a month's SaaS subscription.
What I am saying is get the most out of some tool you like -- know most what you are going to need to know first to properly utilize the tool.

I am not that advanced to use them
(Spy tools)
I do recommend using landing pages and testing them
It's called split testing and
go with the winner
That can help tremendously!

Best of Luck to You:)

Hello!

Short intro:
So, I have a maximum $1000/monthly budget to spend on AM and really want to maximise this spend on buying traffic and minimize spend on tools. Only willing to pay for VPS, VPN, domain and must haves.
Even drngo can not convince me to spend 200 on a spying tool( adplexity) or to buy a forum access for 99USD/month. Only the essentials, unless I am able to make 6 figures/year from marketing, than I would reevaluate.

Question:
What are the alternatives for buying spying tools? Did anyone had success with manual spying using VPN? Are there any cheaper alternatives for adplexity that you would recommend?

@The Publisher please watch my CPA tutorial from here.
it's going to help you and save you lot of money.
leave any questions you have in the tutorial threads, and good luck.

You can either spy manually with a VPN or get a spy tool such as Adplexity.

I've a pretty detailed email autoresponder on spying (see the link in my sig), that may help you to get on right track.

But in general I can say that if you are new and don't know where to start you really have to spy and see what other people are running, where and how.

All this answers can be answered with a spy tool :)

banners
Back