The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Split Testing

Achiever237

Dear Fix'er,

I have some question on split testing as following, hope experts here able to enlighten.

1. For a newbie, should I or is that suitable for me to split test 7-8 offers in one campaign?

2. What is the criteria on choosing offers to split test in terms of payout & etc.
a. Will it be good to split test offer A with payout USD 1.2 and offer B payout USD 4 and offer C payout USD 8 together?
b. Can I split test few offers with "single opt in" with another few offers with "double opt in"? or is much better to test just single opt in offers in one campaign or just double opt in offers and not to mix them?

3. As I understood (correct me if I am wrong), for offer payout that below USD20, budget for testing one offer should be 20. However, if we gonna split test 2 offers or even more, how do we determine how much money should we spend for that that particular campaign?

4. Budget on testing a target. If payout is USD2 for example. I should spend 1.5 times of USD2 for testing a target. What about if we gonna split test few offers in one campaign, for example 5 offers. How much should I spend in order to ensure a target is tested to optimal to have adequate accurate data before optimising?

Hey!

That's a broad question, let me try to put everything on its places here :)

1. This depends on your budget, of course it is not bad to test a lot of offers at the same time, but you need to be ready to spend some money on this. If you are planning to start slowly, it's better to speak with your account manager and pick some few, but really good offers, and split test those.

2. Payout depends on the GEO, for tier1 countries is normally higher. Therefore, high payout does not mean that the offer will bring you money, since most probably traffic for such offer is expensive, and the conversion ratios are lower, than for tier2-3 countries. Therefore, checking the offers see their performance (EPC or eCPM) and conversion ratio. Your network's account manager or support team can help you to choose.

a. First - if you are testing offers for the same segment and vertical, it is really unlikely that the payout of one will be 1.2 and another one 8. Still, you should test all offers in one campaign, otherwise, if you create different campaigns to receive the same traffic, you will be competing with yourself, and one of the campaigns will always loose.

It also depends on a traffic source, some of them, especially with the Smartbid system, don't allow to create two similar campaigns, although some are able to allocate traffic accordingly so that both campaigns share one position.

b. It makes sense to split those in two separate campaigns, since the user's flow is different. Again, try to not compete with yourself.

3. You should keep campaign running until you get the relevant amount of data, so that you can decide which offers perform better. For everyone it's different, depending also on GEO and vertical, although normally we say that spending 3xpayout of the offer is enough to see the needed stats. If you've spent already 10xpayout there is clearly something going wrong there.

4. I believe this is related to the third question too :)

Hope it helps! Feel free to ask for more information though, and good luck!

MI
Back