The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Questions about testing native and banner ads

Frixionj

affiliate
Hi Guys!

I am new to affiliatefix and affiliate marketing. I hope to get your advice about some issues.
I decided to get my first experience by advertising adult dating offers in Italy. SOI with payout $1,6.
I chose Trafficstars as my source of traffic, banner, and native ads.

First I ran banner ads with a daily limit of $10. I ended up getting 1700 clicks and only 5 leads after 5 days. Total cost - $50, earnings - $8. I decided that a campaign with a ROI of -84% was not worth continuing. CTR was 0.07.

After that, I started the native ads and spent $15 on them last night. I didn't get any leads, but the CTR was 1.4. Clicks - 1000

Both campaigns ran from 8 pm to 4 am local time. Only mobile traffic. The banner campaign was getting traffic from iOS and Android most of the time. I later realized that IOS traffic costs twice as much. Native ads were running with targeting only on Android.

1.) How much should I spend on tests if the campaign gets no leads? I've heard of the "spend 4-10 payouts of your offer" rule. But it's always been about an offerer with a $5-$10+ payout. What should I do if the payout is only $1.6?
2) How much should I spend on tests if the campaign brings leads but the ROI is negative?
3) When would you advise adding sites to the blacklist? How much should I spend per site?

I hope that the questions are OK. I will be happy to know your opinion guys.

Last edited:
WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

SOI with payout $1,6.
That is a very low payout first of all.
Your ad cost should be around 1/40th to 1/250th - 400 ~breakeven

1.6/40
.04000 CPC
1.6/256
.006250 CPC

Depends on the conversion difficulty and the ad market.

So what are you paying CPC? or?
3) When would you advise adding sites to the blacklist? How much should I spend per site?
You worry too much about money :p I look at the number of clicks v. conversions (or result goals).

100 - 200 clicks and nothing 500 and nothing max --I would cut them off --again depends on what the conversion difficulty is. SOI is very low barrier so the lower threshold.

That is a very low payout first of all.
Do you mean low for this geo? My AM in the CPA network offers me different offers. Italy SOI payouts average $1.4 - $2.2. I understand that payouts for US/AU/CAN will be higher, but also the traffic will be more expensive. The same payouts are for CZ. I wanted to try Brazil but the payouts are around $0.32 - $0.4. Should I maybe try DOI offers with higher payouts?
So what are you paying CPC? or?
Yes, CPC.
You worry too much about money :p I look at the number of clicks v. conversions (or result goals).
You are right :) My budget is $1000 per month, but I want to use it wisely)
100 - 200 clicks and nothing 500 and nothing max --I would cut them off --again depends on what the conversion difficulty is. SOI is very low barrier so the lower threshold.
So you mean if the company got no leads after 500 clicks you would recommend me stop the campaign and try another geo/offer/creatives?

So you mean if the company got no leads after 500
500 clicks (not impressions) as your pay-out is low; 2 to 3 times ,or 3, to 4, euros? black list that zone --that 'fkn secret media placement' If you cannot see the referring site it's anyone's guess --the website may be totally irrelevant to your offer ... how would you know until you waste your money? Maybe the ad network has some segmentation --not totally blind?

If this is just another dating site offer --any adult media -- segmentation will require getting into a big, or sophisticated, DSP or RTB.

With such a low payout the offer needs to really convert well or the ads have to be really cheap to make any money.
Also the qualifications for the SOI have to be very minimal at that pay-out.

Hi Guys!

I am new to affiliatefix and affiliate marketing. I hope to get your advice about some issues.
I decided to get my first experience by advertising adult dating offers in Italy. SOI with payout $1,6.
I chose Trafficstars as my source of traffic, banner, and native ads.

First I ran banner ads with a daily limit of $10. I ended up getting 1700 clicks and only 5 leads after 5 days. Total cost - $50, earnings - $8. I decided that a campaign with a ROI of -84% was not worth continuing. CTR was 0.07.

After that, I started the native ads and spent $15 on them last night. I didn't get any leads, but the CTR was 1.4. Clicks - 1000

Both campaigns ran from 8 pm to 4 am local time. Only mobile traffic. The banner campaign was getting traffic from iOS and Android most of the time. I later realized that IOS traffic costs twice as much. Native ads were running with targeting only on Android.

1.) How much should I spend on tests if the campaign gets no leads? I've heard of the "spend 4-10 payouts of your offer" rule. But it's always been about an offerer with a $5-$10+ payout. What should I do if the payout is only $1.6?
2) How much should I spend on tests if the campaign brings leads but the ROI is negative?

I hope that the questions are OK. I will be happy to know your opinion guys.
Need more detailed information on campaigns. Check with your account manager.

I would recommend creating separate ad campaigns for RON, PREMIUM, and MEMBERS AREA traffic types.
And always use Optimizer. Here you can find tips on spending and blacklisting sources.

$1.6 is a quite low payout for Italy. Take at least $4 per SOI from Tier 1 GEOs.

banners
Back