The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How much money do I need for the testing phase?

OscarMike

I've been watching Gabriel St Germain's dropshipping/Facebook ads YouTube videos nonstop lately.

He says you need $2000USD for testing ad sets on Facebook Ads.

Do you agree?

I'm doing Print on Demand (POD) mugs on Facebook. I've spent about $100 but I have got no sales. I have $2000 saved up for testing.

impression -> CPC
CPC-> conversion

7000->500->20-100
Money has nothing to do with the equation
other than what 500 CPC per ad test costs.
(500*$CPC)*$Ads = test spend (about)

500-1000 is a decent sample the CPC quantity depends on the payout ROI or ROMI projection.

YouTube is mostly total BS

Thanks for the reply Graybeard. It looks like my $2000 isn't enough for Facebook ads testing.

I know it's a different beast, but do you recommend mobile instead because of the cheaper clicks?

Also, I'm a bit confused. PPC Coach once said to use Facebook automated rules to turn off unprofitable adsets. One of the rules turns off my ad set if ATC <1 and spent = $7.5

Why does he suggest suggest a low dollar amount for the ad set? One of my adsets that uses this rule only got 11 clicks to the landing page.

Thanks

Last edited:
what does your FB CPC cost: 0.20 , 0.40, 0.70?
How many ads are you wanting to test?

Small samples are inaccurate.
100 CPC=0 and the next 200=20.
So, 300 Clicks=20 but you didn't get any in the first 100 so when do you stop throwing good money after bad?
I would try tests with some less expensive native ads first --get it down to 2 or 3 ads to test with the higher priced FB ads.

Money has nothing to do with the equation
other than what 500 CPC per ad test cos

YEP!

There are far better resources to get conversions.

Are you split testing creatives and landers?

What does your tracker tell you?
Thanks for the reply. I'm split testing different ad copy and images. I'm not split testing the GearBubble lander.

I'm not using a tracker like Voluum or Bemob because PPC Coach doesn't in his example. Nor does Gabriel St Germain.

Please do not forget that those dropship gurus may "add" some stuff in order to make their courses important !!!
Thanks for the input. So you're saying they lie? I guess I'll never know. Gabriel was selling a course for $300. Most of his studies were case studies where he made $1000+ a day using Facebook ads and selling a $20 product. His COGS was $3 (including shipping from China). He suggested you need $2000 to test using $50 adsets.

Thanks for the reply. I'm split testing different ad copy and images. I'm not split testing the GearBubble lander.

I'm not using a tracker like Voluum or Bemob because PPC Coach doesn't in his example. Nor does Gabriel St Germain.

You need to use true landing pages to presell the product/service you are promoting. If you have an eCommerce site, promote specific products, not the store. Always use a pre-lander or lander to presell the product.

Not using a tracker is foolish!

Thanks for the input. So you're saying they lie? I guess I'll never know. Gabriel was selling a course for $300. Most of his studies were case studies where he made $1000+ a day using Facebook ads and selling a $20 product. His COGS was $3 (including shipping from China). He suggested you need $2000 to test using $50 adsets.
I never said that they lie, but they "ADD" to the story Oscar, one of my best friends followed Fedotoffs courses as well, and he made good money. But those guys won't never tell you that most of the traffic they get is from SEO as well

I've been watching Gabriel St Germain's dropshipping/Facebook ads YouTube videos nonstop lately.

He says you need $2000USD for testing ad sets on Facebook Ads.

Do you agree?

I'm doing Print on Demand (POD) mugs on Facebook. I've spent about $100 but I have got no sales. I have $2000 saved up for testing.
Hello, mate! Oh... Thats a really good guestion, when i was learning my mentor told me, right from the start, that at the moment it`s abotut 5000$ just to begin. But as far as you can understand - earnings cover all, usually.

• When testing ad creative affinity, an ad media relative is a score that indicates how well an ad is performing compared to other ads in the same media.
  • Ad media's network traffic is expected to be relative when split testing so that the results of the test can be compared to each other.
  • If its 60% non human traffic =>the other 40% of each test matters.

But you need to accurately track, using an independent tracking method, without a cookie or a 'pixel'; and get an accurate count of the quiz page accesses, input actions and the redirection to the email signup.

CPC =>action 1=>action 2=>action 3 ==100% completed

MI
Back