The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Sphinn ? what kind of social site it is?

helen_gracio

I had an account in sphinn, was very nice to interact people over there and I found a really good stuff there . I?ve submitted some posts and was receiving good sphinns from the community.
Also was active to discover there good posts and sphinn for them.
Already second time my profile completely disappears; their staff do not respond to my questions, and there is no apology or any note. I am very confused, and need to share. Has anyone have the same experience.:confused:

They get lots of spam and have been cracking down. I think Rob makes a good point and if someone only submits their own sites they think they are a spammer or at the very least a self promoter.

Ok, as a guide, I have a reasonably good stumble upon account. I occassionally submit my own stuff IF it is good enough. As a guide, I submit about 100 other items for every item of my own that I submit. Then I thumbs up/down at least another 200 items.

200:100:1 is about the ratio I run with. You could probably get away with less. But you will find that if you put a bit of effort into the community you won't want to submit rubbish - even if it's your own rubbish. The thing is, you will come to value the community much more when you use it properly.

They are looking for real users, not self promoters.

They get lots of spam and have been cracking down. I think Rob makes a good point and if someone only submits their own sites they think they are a spammer or at the very least a self promoter.

Thanks Linda. Nowhere it was written or any warning. And I was creating my own profile with the sites I like. As I said, I was sphinning and communicating and it was only maybe 10 days or so.

I don't appreciate deleting account without explanation. I read all the terms and couldn't understand what was it I was doing illegal. There has been no letter even that account is deleted, just I find next morning it is gone.

Sphinn is not the only social community I am in. I wrote to them several letters asking the reason. Was I spamming, then they could just tell me. Its a matter of courtesy towards the people using your service.

The worse thing I tell you, is ignorance. As I said sphinn is not some unique service there are 100s in many of which I work respecting the rules.

Ok, as a guide, I have a reasonably good stumble upon account. I occassionally submit my own stuff IF it is good enough. As a guide, I submit about 100 other items for every item of my own that I submit. Then I thumbs up/down at least another 200 items.

200:100:1 is about the ratio I run with. You could probably get away with less. But you will find that if you put a bit of effort into the community you won't want to submit rubbish - even if it's your own rubbish. The thing is, you will come to value the community much more when you use it properly.

They are looking for real users, not self promoters.

Hi Bob.
Thanks for your input.

I am in stumbleupon as well. I have very good popularity there with all the friendships and stumbles. And never I had any problem. I am not spamming.

Why are we in the social sites? We want to promote our business, or is there something else? We increase our site popularity, backlinks and indexing.

But when we are in there, we abide the rules and socialize and learn as well. To tell you the truth, I like digg a lot, because I learn there, as well as in stumbleupon. People share and we write each other, learn from each other, visit each other sites and bookmark them.

If you know anything about sphinn, that's what bothers me.

I want to add something else here, Linda. If it is a community run by members, let members evaluate. For example, in stumbleupon there are profiles that are really bad, full of spam. I saw that community put thumb down to them, and they are recognized as such. The same in digg, people can undigg, if ther find it a self promoter or a spammer.

banners
Back