The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Spam Links

asuperstar

affiliate
Hello everyone. I have a valid question I need answered. I was posting in the mtbr.com forum and my signature in this forum is my url to my website. After a couple of weeks I received an email to quit leaving spam links. I dont understand this. What is a spam link exactly. I run my website thru storesonlinepro.com and one of their mkting strategies is to blog and leave your signature as a form of getting your name out there. Can somebody tell me what spam linking is? :|

Different forums have different rules, in this forum you have as many signature links as you like, the only thing we frown on is people posting spam adverts. Its actually okay to advertise your site on this forum once you are a regular forum member.

Spam adverts

Ok, I would still like to know what a spam link is considered. I was leaving my signature which is my URL of my website that sells sport sunglasses for bikers in the mountain bike forum, so if I leave my signature being my URL how is this considered a spam link? I dont understand this. Spam adverts? What is this? Does this mean spam advertisements. And am I considered a regular forum member by registering and making posts.

There is really no universally agreed definition of spam so what is considered to be spam in one forum is okay in another forums so the forum at which you were deemed to be a spamer you must have contravened their own definition of spam.

I thinkt he sig links are okay as long as they are just there to get search engines to your site (i.e. like you have now temi) and not ads.

MI
Back