The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Some basic questions on website and web hosting

Susovan PAL

affiliate
Hello,

I'm super new to learning about affiliate marketing and I read the first few articles on this page, but certain basic things aren't clear to me yet, and I'd be grateful if you reply please :)

1.When one mentions the phrase 'web hosting services', do they mean a website where I can put the affiliate links to buy products, and write reviews on them, or do they mean something more? What's the difference here?

2. If the answer to Q.1 is yes, how should we design the web hosting service and/or my website before applying to several affiliates program like amazon affiliates, or clickbank? E.g. how many blogs should be already written, or how much should I talk about myself to truly tell the affiliate networks that I'll be a good affiliate?

3. Some people on YouTube suggest paid web hosting services instead of free, but should we NOT use WordPress free hosting to apply for or eventually use for, affiliate marketing? If we apply to amazon affiliate e.g. with WordPress, will my aplication get rejected? Or, is there a policy on WordPress that forbids me to use it for affiliate marketing to start with?

Thank you so much for your answers!!!

'web hosting' is a server where you can make/construct a website or some web accessible service.
What do you plan of doing and what do the networks or affiliate programs you want to do business with 'expect' to see?
Is your intent with a website to develop organic traffic or just to host pre-landers?

If you just need a one page 'front' domain website -- buy a domain name and find an inexpensive virtual account to use as your "HQ Office" for now to start to apply -- use your domain 'business-email' not a free mail (Gmail or Outlook -- not too professional IMO). Only if this is your first host server and you need to start learning.
Buy VPS type hosting when you start doing volume with advertising, or; if you intend to do any serious website Organic (SEO) activities/development.

You can register at www.namesilo.com a domain name and use the registrar's DNS nameservers to point to the host server IP. Then when you move change the DNS A entry to the new server FAST. Do not accept a free domain name registration from a hosting company -- it's free for a reason ;)

banners
Back