The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Social Network You Prefer For Advertising: Twitter Or Facebook

dannyboy24

affiliate
When it comes to advertising, which network do you feel is better suited for you? I personally use both, but if i had to choose one i would choose Twitter. I think that you can reach a much larger audience with Twitter opposed to Facebook. I have used both sites and it is much easier to gain followers on Twitter, opposed to getting Facebook friends.

I think you are talking about promoting through social networks, rather than advertising that has to be paid for. I would recommend both, but Twitter is my first choice.

In my Twitter account I have set up the option to post to Facebook. So each tweet is automatically posted in my Facebook account. I am not active in Facebook and only have 100+ followers. My Twitter account has around 1500 followers, and I agree it is easier to get Twitter followers than FB friends.

Both Twitter and Facebook now have a hashtag feature, and potentially a lot more people can find your post when you include a relevant hashtag.

I would suggest having an account at Twitter and Facebook and using both for marketing or promoting. You don't need to spend the same amount of time in both, and for me Twitter is the social network where I find it is worthwhile spending more time.

I use Facebook to promote myself as a freelancer because I've never had much success with Twitter. However, it has been some time since I experimented with it, so I might give it another shot. I do agree, though, gaining friends on Facebook takes a lot more work than it does to gain followers on Twitter. You have to actively seek people for Facebook while Twitter basically brings them to you. I do like that Facebook has started using the hashtag feature. It does make things a little easier.

I tend to find that Facebook is wonderful if you post articles on the latest or controversial topics, it gets people talking and sharing their views, which in turn retains interested viewers and creates a domino chain of discussion from there. I have seen this happen all too much. Every time a discussion spikes this way, I see an anywhere between 50%-200% spike in traffic to my article sites.

Twitter was engineered for short comments that trend. This is constantly evidenced by my success in promoting Clickbank offers with tempting, short, and sweet messages describing the benefits of the product in question. It doesn't work so well for sites or individual articles.

In the end, I prefer them both for different purposes. With one, a specific venture fails while with the other it sees a booming success, and vice versa. They are both tools, and knowing how to use each one to its utmost potential with the platform given makes a huge difference in whether you fail or succeed.

I tend to find that Facebook is wonderful if you post articles on the latest or controversial topics, it gets people talking and sharing their views, which in turn retains interested viewers and creates a domino chain of discussion from there. I have seen this happen all too much. Every time a discussion spikes this way, I see an anywhere between 50%-200% spike in traffic to my article sites.

Twitter was engineered for short comments that trend. This is constantly evidenced by my success in promoting Clickbank offers with tempting, short, and sweet messages describing the benefits of the product in question. It doesn't work so well for sites or individual articles.

In the end, I prefer them both for different purposes. With one, a specific venture fails while with the other it sees a booming success, and vice versa. They are both tools, and knowing how to use each one to its utmost potential with the platform given makes a huge difference in whether you fail or succeed.

Completely disagree twitter is a lot better facebook i haven't see many popular website fanpages on there.. it gets you hardly any members where twitter does.

Other than Facebook and Twitter, has anyone experimented with any other social networking type sites? Facebook and Twitter are obviously among the most popular and well know, but I do know there are many different ones out there. I'd be interested in some suggestions for other sites to use for promotion, if anyone has any.

Other than Facebook and Twitter, has anyone experimented with any other social networking type sites? Facebook and Twitter are obviously among the most popular and well know, but I do know there are many different ones out there. I'd be interested in some suggestions for other sites to use for promotion, if anyone has any. I'm always looking for new sites I can use, or at least experiment with.

I prefer to use Google+ because people there are more open to being advertised to. I find Twitter to be too busy which makes it hard to navigate and find an audience, and Facebook is too casual and I only ever made an account there to have an official one that people can find. In G+, however, it's easy to find circles and people to connect with and advertise to, and usually they are not too hesitant to click a link you would share. It's still takes a lot of effort to get something set up there, but if it's done right and well enough, I believe it to be worth it.

It never even dawned on my to try out Google+. I already use Gmail as my primary email for business anyway. Sometimes I wonder where my brain is. That one should have been more than obvious to me. :rolleyes:

It never even dawned on my to try out Google+. I already use Gmail as my primary email for business anyway. Sometimes I wonder where my brain is. That one should have been more than obvious to me. :rolleyes:

Don't be too hard on yourself, many people tend to overlook G+ because everyone else seems to be on Facebook. At the same time, it might be the best thing about it as well, since all the competition you possibly would encounter are probably on Facebook instead. :D I also think you touched on an important benefit of G+ there, in that you only ever have to log in once and you'll have access to all sites handled by Google including Gmail, Blogger, and Adsense.

I think Facebook is miles ahead of Twitter, in terms of popularity and effectiveness.

You can use both, to maximize your traffic potential.

I believe in terms of advertising that Facebook is much better than twitter. reason being is because more people use Facebook and people spend more time on Facebook. Facebook paid advertising is very effective, people will come across it very often, you just have to create good content to attract them. Most of all Facebook is the most popular social network, if not why would they have to create a movie about it. Most people sign into Facebook as soon as they arrive in front of a computer.

I personally prefer Facebook over Twitter. I'm more of a fan of Facebook because it's easier to advertise in my opinion. It's quite simple actually, you make a fanpage, and basically your going to want to draw traffic to that fanpage. As the traffic starts flowing in, you'll start recieving leads, and if you get leads, you can then start generating a list. Once you have your own list, you can promote and advertise alot more to people that are already targeted in what you are advertising.

My vote here goes to Facebook because it gives you more exposure. In my opinion Facebook can provide you with more opportunities to get creative with your page so you can have some fun while you're trying to do something useful for your business. Maybe I sound a bit too idealistic because many people use administrators to take care of their Facebook pages for them nowadays but I really like that part of the deal so I had to mention it.

You really should double-dip and have a professional presence on BOTH sites, its something of an expectation these days. However, if you were to ask me, I think twitter may be better for advertising purposes as its a communication medium in which the followers EXPECT small, direct advertisements and direct links. On Facebook, you encounter a lot of spamming, and there is a lot of saturation without strict moderation on their pages. You can be more creative on a Facebook page, but you also have to keep an eye on it more.

Facebook here takes my vote. Though I have both twitter and Facebook accounts up to now I can without doubt conclude that Facebook has done much to my business. Some priorities offered in Facebook such customizing its pages with unique photos and texts to suite your business are not often found in twitter. I also have a ‘’like’’ gate feature that keeps on adding more fans. However, I do not overlook my twitter page as I have customized my Facebook page in such way that all twitter feeds goes automatically to my Facebook page whenever posted.
I think it will not be a bad idea to have both accounts but be sure to maximize their posting and updating ranks.

I would have to go with Facebook. I don't really see the point of having Twitter if you got Facebook. I don't see the point of having it. Twitter users please correct me if I am wrong :)

I only really use Twitter for advertising purposes. My Facebook is much more personal, and I don't want to constantly be sharing links, as I know it will only annoy people - I'm friends with people on Facebook because I know them and like them, not because I want to use them as resources for SEO. I am an avid user of Twitter for such purposes though - I've had a lot of luck in generating traffic on both my blog and online money making sites that way.

I get a lot more success from Twitter than I do with Facebook. It is worth pointing out that I don't spend any money advertising on social media sites. People on Twitter seem much more open to sharing my articles then people on Facebook.

I have only used Facebook advertising and the results was great, I plan to use Twitter soon and see if it would be greater. I believe both sites are really good social networks sites with huge user base for advertising.
Thanks!

MI
Back