The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

small logo next to url and title

Candeleena

affiliate
I hope somebody can solve another stupid problem for me. :spiteful:
When you look at the url address window above, you see that before http: there is a miniature logo of UKWebmaster World. This little picture also appears next to site name in my favourites.

How is is done? Is it one piece of code or two separate ones?
Thanks.

Candeleena, its called favicon, its a small graphic, it should be 16x16 pixel, upload it to your site root, call it favicon.ico and you site will have it as well :)

Thanks for the answer about favicon...
Without your help I would never have guessed it was called this :)
I tried to install this favicon, but I was not sure how, so I looked it up, and I found this code: <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
BUT when I pasted it in my <head> section and saved favicon.ico in my main catalogue, it still does not show up, no matter how many times I refresh (I uploaded it to server too, if you want to know :))
What am I doing wrong?

You are quite right, I forgot to add that you need to call up the icon in your<head> using the code <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

FWIW, the best way to implement favicons is using the markup Candeleena suggested. Temi's suggestion does work, but it can be a bit flakey :)

yea, theres free websites where you can upload your pictures and they turn it into a favicon, they also give you a link as well, on where to put in your html code in your website.

Good luck in integrating your favicon.

The browser should pick them up automatically but sometimes it takes a while particularly if you have a large list of favourites.

It's worth mentioning that favicons are an important part of optimisation. Google will give you another little score if you have a favicon. How big that little score is we can only guess and you can be sure it won't be that high in importance but 'every little helps' as they say in food retail.

MI
Back