The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Site usage statistics

doconline

affiliate
I wondered if anyone can help. I have a UK based business site which receives around 1000 hits per day. However only 40%ish comes from within the UK. Is this normal? I would expect traffic usage to be the other way round with at least 60% UK traffic and some overseas, not the other way round.

If you know of any sites which publish data on this it would help me out, so I can see averages for other UK sites.

Thanks in advance.
Paul

When doing your optimisation try and get backlinks on UK based sites. Use UK based directories.

Adding 'UK' to the title of your homepage will help. Maybe have 'UK' appear in the content a few times. Image names etc.

I take it you have a co.uk TLD?

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I understand the SEO side of things. I have just started a new job with a firm as a web developer / marketer and just really needed some figures for my boss, on traffic for UK based sites.

Have tried a lot of different searches in Google but they all seem to come up with ways to increase traffic or SEO companies rather than some statistics that use for a report. I just need to know average numbers for sites local vs overseas.

Over the last 30 days my site has recieved 76% of its visits from the UK. Hope that helps you. It's optimised for UK searches but it has a .com TLD.

hmmm.... i think you should promote your site in UK based sites....so that you'll have backlinks and traffic from UK :D

That does seem a low percentage for a UK site. Are most of you visitors coming from the search engines, and if so is your site hosted outside the UK?

Hi,

The site is hosted within the UK, it has been live for sometime, I have only just taken it over.

Just really wanted to check other peoples figures really as to what traffic they received.

Thanks

Just out of interest, where are you getting your stats from?

The 76% I quoted earlier was from Google Analytics. However, I have other sites that used webalizer and I noticed the user location stats looked odd. Many more users located in the US than I would have expected.

banners
Back