The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Single Opt-in Vs Double Opt-in

SEO Guru

affiliate
For collecting the leads we often use single opt-in option and I found it's good to convert quickly. I haven't tested it out how double opt-in work. What is your opinion which one is best for collecting the leads?

For collecting the leads we often use single opt-in option and I found it's good to convert quickly. I haven't tested it out how double opt-in work. What is your opinion which one is best for collecting the leads?

I have always used double optin, however, not all auto-responder platforms require this. I think you need to test it. Split test this with two identical landers.

I tested few list building pops with single opt-in using Mailchimp.
It's always about sending an ebook or something on autoresponder but I always got results like 40%-50%.
They are interested in getting the ebook but do you guys think that this open rate is good for this kind of offer ?

I tested few list building pops with single opt-in using Mailchimp.
It's always about sending an ebook or something on autoresponder but I always got results like 40%-50%.
They are interested in getting the ebook but do you guys think that this open rate is good for this kind of offer ?

That's pretty good open rate when you are just starting out. But when you say offer, are you talking about an offer in the email, or an offer after a click thru?

That's pretty good open rate when you are just starting out. But when you say offer, are you talking about an offer in the email, or an offer after a click thru?

I am basically talking about the email itself (termed as an offer).
They subscribe to my list and an email with link to the ebook is sent automatically.
The email has an open rate of 40%-50%. I felt it's low because I tell them to check their email for the ebook when they subscribe.

I am basically talking about the email itself (termed as an offer).
They subscribe to my list and an email with link to the ebook is sent automatically.
The email has an open rate of 40%-50%. I felt it's low because I tell them to check their email for the ebook when they subscribe.

Are you looking at an open rate over a 24 hour period from the email is delivered, or over a few days to a week. They don't always open them right away.

Also, this is why many use a double opt-in, as it signifies a deeper connection when the click an email to verify their email address.

I am checking the rates over a period of more than a week.
Maybe I'll A/B test with double opt in. In any case will update here.
Also, not exactly related to the topic of the thread but do you think authentication though DKIM & SPF is a must ?

I am checking the rates over a period of more than a week.
Maybe I'll A/B test with double opt in. In any case will update here.
Also, not exactly related to the topic of the thread but do you think authentication though DKIM & SPF is a must ?

There's a bunch of authentication methods, but not a single one that's best IMO. SPF and SenderID add a record on the server with which the recipient server checks. It's easy to implement, but most think they aren't as secure.

DKIM and DomainKeys embed the information in the email, this can make it harder to forge but are a bit harder to implement for senders and receivers.

As with anything, there are pros and cons to the methods, Mandrill and MailChimp automatically add authentication for the methods above. Email is authenticated by default on the Mandrill domain, but all Mandrill accounts also support adding SPF and DKIM for your domain so you can authenticate as your domain instead.

It isn't required, but it's always a good idea to check with the mail platform to see what they do and recommend.

In my experience, if your niche is so competitive then single opt-in working right but if you have filter your niche and know they are capable to and willing to do double opt-in then you should go for it. But exchanging leads or in lead generation business you have to do double opt-in. Because people like to buy double opt-in list and most of the autoresponder company like it too.

I am with single opt-in as people don't like to check their inbox at that time, and as the scam grow up, they don't want to re-confirm the email again.
In previous, I used double opt-in, and it doesn't make any different than single opt-in. Maybe this isn't working for me.

For my case I love double opt-in. It ensure not to spam as well as if you are doing serious business then you wouldn't lost any lead and double opt-in ensure the 100% genuine lead.

We usually go for SOI. It converts more quickly, but DOI is also good. Nowadays not all people like to check their e-mails.

I use DOI without it looking like a DOI. After sign-up, they see a page explaining that I just sent them "Carrot" email with the email subject displayed inside a header tag. Inside the "Carrot" email, it contains a link to the page actually containing the "Carrot". I have a pixel waiting for them on the "Carrot" page that moves them to a general all-in-one confirmed segment. I have separate domain segments for the big four (AOL/Gmail/Live-Hotmail/Yahoo) which contain filters that adds them to the specific domain confirmed segment and removes them from the general all-in-one segment on the next cron run.

I always go for single optin. I notice people gets scared (especially on non-IM market) upon receiving that 2nd optin message on their inbox causing not to subscribe at all lol. It's true. That's on my experience though :p
I've always opted for double op-tin, in order to get leads that are more aware of the action they're making. But it depends on the target, business and various things. Always testing :)

For beginners there are more advantages in choosing a single opt-in. Generally, a single opt-in have less steps, so it is easier for user to make a lead.

MI
Back