The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Sig file opinions

Having recently gotten involved with forums I was curious how often experienced forum users changed their sig files? Also for those of you with large sites, do you normally point it at an index page full of applicable products or do you point at a specific product?

Thanks

Rick

I reckon point it at whatever suits your fancy. I change mine depending on what new ventures I want to promote.

There isn't a simple answer to this. There probably isn't a best way that is best for everyone.

I look at every link in every signature for all 5 Star members in order to be aware of what is in the signatures. I re-check on a regular basis because members do change their signatures.

Different members have signatures for different reasons. That is something that also needs to be taken into consideration when trying to determine how they handle it.

You also need to consider the very large variety of signatures being used. The assortment of what is in signatures is a wide one because people are into so many different things.

Those who are using affiliate links often do things differently from those who are linking to their own sites, blogs or their own products.

Some established members don't use signatures at all and there are various reasons for that as well.

There are members who have been members for a good while and have kept the same signature the entire time, while there are other members who change there signatures very often.

Some members might just change a portion of their signature. Sometimes it is for some type of a special that will last for a certain amount of time. Other times it might be something they just want to test for a while. Often it is something different that they want to have in place of what was there previously.

Many members with large sites link to the home page. I see that a lot but some do link to a particular page. This holds true whether it is a product site or not. I have seen some link to a particular product on a large site but not as often.

There are many who change their signatures for no reason other than they are tired of their old signature.

Signature changing is more of an individual choice thing rather than any particular established pattern.

Does it change everything?

Just curious because I'm not a changer - if you do change your signature link does it change your sig throughout the old posts as well or do they remain what they were before the change?

Your sig files also help in SERP (Search engine result pages). You can vary the anchor texts to optimize for certain keywords that you want to rank for. ;)

Another ?

Thanks Larwee for the "rules" its good info to know. we read them when we join but we forget!!!

Regarding SERP - I heard listening to an interview with Jon Leger that so far as links go, Google only counts one site for a link vote. ie so far as popularity goes I may have 20 signature links or more coming from this forum but it's only one popularity vote for my site so far as inbound links are concerned.

Can you tell me how that relates to what you are saying regarding changing your anchor text for a signature link. I don't quite understand.

MI
Back