The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Should I recruit freelancers for doing the job as affiliates?

Mody Tal

affiliate
Hi

I Hope you can answer me about this little question:

Should I try and recruit freelancers to do the jobs of affiliates and promote my affiliate program?

Because, sometimes it's easier to find freelancers out there,

There are lot of great places to find freelancers: site like: upwork, guru, truelancer and more,

so should I try there?

Thanks

No. No freelancer is going to risk their own money for potential affiliate commissions. Freelancers generally work for a fixed price or hourly rate. Find media buyers, which should be easy if your product is actually good.

ok so if freelancers are not good where can i find affiliates?

What is your affiliate program.?
What product or services are you providing and in what niche?
What are your payouts?
are you looking for lead gen optins, double optins, trial signups, cc submits, what?

What is your affiliate program.?
What product or services are you providing and in what niche?
What are your payouts?
are you looking for lead gen optins, double optins, trial signups, cc submits, what?

well i have several affiliate programs in a variety of niches:

travel, coupons, health, beauty you name it.

well i have several affiliate programs in a variety of niches:

travel, coupons, health, beauty you name it.

Are you an affiliate network? If not, when you say you have several affiliate programs, this indicates you have several products or services of your own, or you are arbitraging?

If not, then these are not likely your affiliate programs, rather someone else's that you are promoting.

Are you an affiliate network? If not, when you say you have several affiliate programs, this indicates you have several products or services of your own, or you are arbitraging?

If not, then these are not likely your affiliate programs, rather someone else's that you are promoting.

hi my friend, no i am not arbitraging every affiliate program that i use has been created by me
as a programmer i am also working on an advertising network which needless to say will have its own affiliate program the other platforms i have created is travel platform which is almost done and some selling platform
thanks for your tips i will surelly take them

Why would anyone want to be your affiliate?
What makes your program special and unlike the others?
How will you unseat the incumbent players marketing similar offers?
One thing I look for is any business partner is stability and reputation or uniqueness.
When I take a chance on some start-up --they need a damned good idea or I take a pass.
Why should I invest my time and money (in anything) I am looking for a reason here ...

I think you have programmers language, i.e. "program", confused with what affiliates and our industry call an affiliate program.

If you do not have your own product or service for which you need to sign up affiliates, then you do not have a true affiliate program (unless you have built an affiliate tracking software). An affiliate program requires a product owner (such as, say an LLBean), or service provider (such as a hosting company).

Otherwise, if you have websites with offers, such as your travel site, then you are arbitraging lead generation for the travel companies in a fashion when you are using affiliates to promote your website. You will buy the leads from affiliates for a price lower than what the travel companies pay you. The Amazon affiliate program is actually a modified example of an arbitrage affiliate program. Arbitraging is simply buying low and selling high. That's what it appears to be happening if you have a website promoting travel opportunities that are not your own.

We have hundreds of affiliate programs in our Resources area. All of them represented by the companies that have their own products and or services.

I, and many others here, can teach you all about recruiting affiliates. I train company personnel on recruiting affiliates, but in order to guide you and instruct you, I need to have a truer picture of what you are referring to as affiliate programs. Your description does not match with industry standards.

I belong to a group of the top 1k JV & Affiliate Recruiters. I can point you to loads of vendors right here in our community that have polished their recruiting skills using our techniques.

In fact, our Resources area is more than 80% affiliate recruitment for the companies listed there (over 900) for either product owners and service providers, as well as affiliate networks.

Affiliate recruitment is a relationship skill. You have to have damn fine offers, aggressive payouts when you are new, an affiliate management portal, and hands on experience in fraud detection and prevention.

Hope you can help this old dog (and others here) understand you and your "programs" better!

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to be your affiliate?
What makes your program special and unlike the others?
How will you unseat the incumbent players marketing similar offers?
One thing I look for is any business partner is stability and reputation or uniqueness.
When I take a chance on some start-up --they need a damned good idea or I take a pass.
Why should I invest my time and money (in anything) I am looking for a reason here ...

He is right on the money, these are among the questions any smart affiliates are going to ask you. You need to have the answers well laid out on your affiliate signup page, or anywhere you promote your recruitment information. Angles, hooks, and triggers work almost as well on affiliates as they do consumers. Make sure your recruiting copy provides robust and properly channelled "feed the greed" insinuations and implications!

MI
Back