The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

should i go to college?

MonetizationDaily

affiliate
Hey, I’m stuck in a bit of a situation and I’m not really sure wether i should enroll to college or not. I’m 19 years old and I’ve been working on what i want to do, which is business, but more specifically internet marketing. since i was young, i always found ways to make money, and I’m still going at it. all through middle and high school, everyone working their ass off always asked me where i came up with so much unemployed, some looked at me like i was some sort of magician. now, this isn’t to sound arrogant and cocky, but to give you some insight on my “drive”. I’ve been a very curious person since i was young, being an only child and alone the majority of the time, always asking myself how things worked. my mother was kind of crazy and my father has owned several businesses. he’s always had a different perspective on life but didn’t educate me much. around 5 months ago, i came to the realization that i want to know what to do, and i want to be who i am. to be honest, i wasn’t very well disciplined or educated, so a lot of the time i would end up around the wrong people, doing the wrong thing. not because i was a bad person or had bad intentions, but because my perception of “good” and “bad” was a little off. anyways, ever since I’ve got this drive, I’ve been working on myself and what i want to do. around a year ago i spent a month getting an insurance agent license, because it sounded interesting. i got a job working wage+commission and was making maybe 3000-4000 a month after taxes and expenses. i was fed up being thrown around by my boss for being a better salesman and “marketer” than most middle aged people around me while i was only 19 and STILL in high school 40 hours a week. i decided to quit and run my own businesses. i do a couple of things that i don’t really want to get to right now, and i have a lot of plans and things i want to try out. after quitting the job, i worked a lot on personal development, and income sources, specifically from the internet. i taught myself everything my parents didn’t and worked on myself in every way i could possibly see, and still am. currently, I’m going to high school 40 hours a week, and i come home to study another 8 hours. i read a book every 2 or 3 days, so around 2-2.5 a week, mainly on personal development, marketing, books on successful business entrepreneurs, psychology, sales, etc. I’m currently making 3000 a month doing what I’m doing and don’t believe that I should go to college. i feel as if I’ve wasted my time in high school, learning only maybe 10-20% of the time. I’ve taught myself how to maximize productivity, learning, happiness, etc, and i am happier than everyone around me working and studying easily over 100 hours a week. in my perspective, i haven’t even started my “journey” to where i want to be … my mom keeps telling me i have to enroll in college next semester and i have to get student loans. now, i have the money to pay for college, but i personally don’t feel right paying for something that would probably slow down what i want to do. I’m really passionate about business and i don’t feel like I need an MBA. I’m not sure what to do but my mom seems relatively disappointed. what do you guys think?

Im going to college, but im already 3/4 way done and i want to change into online marketing as my job. So after I graduate im just going to drop what I was working on in college and try to make it in the online marketing world. If I dont, il have a college degree to fall back on and get a job. Plan B's are always nice to have too.

It's nice to know that you've worked hard to achieve something on your own. If you feel that you have already found what you want to do in life, you're right, collage might hold you back for next 4 years. However, you will qualify for a lot of more positions when you have a degree to back you up. It's always good to have a backup plan.

Just go to college for fun! Yes it's fun. And it will be more fun if you're earning money online while you're in college.

With the right mindest, it can be 'both'. At least to some extent.

While you will have to decide for yourself and nobody can give you a definite answer, just be concious that you would be 'burning the boats' not to go to college. So, you will HAVE to make it in IM. Think carefully if you are ready for this degree of pressure.

#my2cents

As someone who was in your position a few years ago, I can say with experience, Go To College and then Uni. (Although in Australia we just go to uni straight out of school). Do an business degree in whatever interests you. Uni will teach you things about business that you never knew existed. It will break business down, and teach you the why of it. It will only further your understanding and make you a better internet marketer. Not only this but it will make you manage your time. Its either manage your time or fail. You will meet new people. People like you who you never thought could have possible existed and that you were the only one haha. You will have many many industry opportunities. The guy in my picture on the right is the CEO of CPA Australia. A company that manages the accounting practices in Australia. I had a lecture with a woman who has been in the marketing industry for some 30 years. She has worked at agencies all over the world. managing massive brands like Virgin. she taught me insights into the industry that you just simply would not get anywhere else. Also your 19, you don't know what you want to be doing in 10 years. And here's a secret, nobody does.

Dude. Tons of hot girls in university... doesn't get any easier than that. Just hangout, make money in class, screw a ton of hot girls, graduate in art or something chill.

banners
Back