Well, should they?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

rhyswynne

affiliate
Simple question, should Cardiff play as the English FA's representitive in the FA Cup?

Before you say "yes" or "no" here's some important points:-

- It's not unheard of for clubs to play under different FA's (Monaco play in France, Derry City play in Republic of Ireland, Gretna played for years in England).
- When English teams won the Welsh FA Cup, they were unable to enter
as Welsh Cup Winners
- TNS (a team based in Oswestry) have represented the Welsh FA in Europe.

It is mightily confusing. What should happen?

I think Cardiff should play as the English representative, if I am correct, Sam Hamman, the former owner of Wimbledon now owns Cardiff now?

I think they will probably make more money under the English banner than Welsh. If they were a ruby team, it could be a different story.

He used to own it, now owned by Peter Ridsdale (ex Leeds owner).

I went to a League of Wales game once, and 23 people turned up, so they can easily make more money as an English side than a Welsh side (my team - Colwyn Bay - play in a league 10 leagues below the premiership, and we get around 4-5 times the average League of Wales crowd).

It's a fascinating mess on why we can't play in Europe and why we choose to play in England (I'm penning a blog post about it at the moment). Perfect pub talk! But I'd love it to be sorted :)

Yes, they should be allowed to play in Europe. It goes without saying.

If they are disallowed then it should be made that every Welsh team is disallowed to play in the FA Cup.

It looks like Cardiff'll get a Wildcard. That is the most sensible thing, as it happened with Liverpool/Everton a few years back. What'll happen is that Cardiff'll go in, and it should be sorted for next year.

Seems the most logical thing.

Keep the Welsh out!!

Just kidding, I can`t see why they shouldn`t play in Europe if they win it. I voted a `yes.` :dance2:

How many welsh players play for cardiff just out of interest ? nothing todo with the OP, on that note yeah of course they should get in, they played for it ! If you cant reep the rewards of the competition why in enter in the first place !

MI
Back