The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Shared Hosting vs. Dedicated Hosting: What’s Your Best Option?

Thousands/millions of websites are started every year, about 10%/20% of them continue for more than 1 year. When starting a website, you usually start small and go big.

Unless you already have a great amount of fans offline who you expect will be trooping into your website once you start, I really think it is good to begin with shared hosting, if you are not sure how your business will turn out, and you are not certain if you will run it for long time or forever.

But if you are very optimistic that you will have heavy traffic and you have the funds, then go directly for advanced hosting.

for a small & start-up website shared hosting is best but for a medium & large business dedicated server should be preferred.

Shared Hosting vs. Dedicated Hosting: What’s Your Best Option?
When it comes to web hosting there are so many options available. It becomes a little confusing for a beginner. Although even I'm not an expert on this topic, still I would like to share some points.

What is Shared Hosting?
A hosting technique that allows multiple websites uses a single server is called shared hosting. In a shared hosting service, the site owners do not have an idea with whom they are sharing the server resources with.

What is Dedicated Hosting?
A hosting technique that hosts a site on a single server is known as dedicated hosting. The resource is dedicated to that single website thus cutting the major competition due to shared resources.

Pros Of Shared Hosting:
  • Low costs, good for beginners or low budget site owners.
  • No hassle of technical maintenance.
  • Great place to start from.
Cons Of Shared Hosting
  • Load time is greatly sacrificed.
  • Due to slow loading speed, the performance of site speed is greatly tarnished.
  • Has high security risks.
Pros Of Dedicated Hosting
  • Complete availability of the server resources.
  • Gives the flexibility of customization and optimization.
  • Higher levels of security.
Cons Of Dedicated Hosting
  • Very high costs.
  • Requires technical skills for maintenance-related work.
  • Hassle of manual maintenance.
So it is very clear if you have just started with your online business or you are falling short on budget go for shared hosting, but if you don't want to compromise your site performance and ready to deal with manual server maintenance, I'll say definitely go for dedicated hosting.

But if you are still confused, don't worry there is a middle way out to this and that VPS hosting. VPS stands for Virtual Private Server and is a virtualized server, used for mimicking a dedicated server. It uses the same technology which is used behind OS Virtualization like VMware or Virtual Box. In a VPS environment while you own a single server but can run several virtual servers on that single server.

This business is based on longevity, especially if you are a webmaster and you are doing SEO...

I prefer buying Powerful VPS(Yearly plan), so I can work in my SEO Websites, and I can exploit it to host my affiliate landing pages...

Hey Johny . Usually I would firstly recommend you to take a close look at your business model and identify any bottlenecks. Once you've identified areas that could use some improvement, you can start experimenting with different configurations until you find one that works best for you. Shared hosting is often compared to living in an apartment complex. Just as you share common areas and amenities with your neighbors in an apartment complex, you also share server resources with other customers on a shared host at an affordable price .If you have a high-traffic website or need a lot of server resources.you'll need to look into other types of hosting services like Dedicated servers where an entire server is not shared with anyone.

for a small & start-up website shared hosting is best but for a medium & large business dedicated server should be preferred.
exactly
When it comes to web hosting there are so many options available. It becomes a little confusing for a beginner. Although even I'm not an expert on this topic, still I would like to share some points.

What is Shared Hosting?
A hosting technique that allows multiple websites uses a single server is called shared hosting. In a shared hosting service, the site owners do not have an idea with whom they are sharing the server resources with.

What is Dedicated Hosting?
A hosting technique that hosts a site on a single server is known as dedicated hosting. The resource is dedicated to that single website thus cutting the major competition due to shared resources.

Pros Of Shared Hosting:
  • Low costs, good for beginners or low budget site owners.
  • No hassle of technical maintenance.
  • Great place to start from.
Cons Of Shared Hosting
  • Load time is greatly sacrificed.
  • Due to slow loading speed, the performance of site speed is greatly tarnished.
  • Has high security risks.
Pros Of Dedicated Hosting
  • Complete availability of the server resources.
  • Gives the flexibility of customization and optimization.
  • Higher levels of security.
Cons Of Dedicated Hosting
  • Very high costs.
  • Requires technical skills for maintenance-related work.
  • Hassle of manual maintenance.
So it is very clear if you have just started with your online business or you are falling short on budget go for shared hosting, but if you don't want to compromise your site performance and ready to deal with manual server maintenance, I'll say definitely go for dedicated hosting.

But if you are still confused, don't worry there is a middle way out to this and that VPS hosting. VPS stands for Virtual Private Server and is a virtualized server, used for mimicking a dedicated server. It uses the same technology which is used behind OS Virtualization like VMware or Virtual Box. In a VPS environment while you own a single server but can run several virtual servers on that single server.
Really good pros and cons, nice share.

I think it depends on your website requirements.
budget, site traffic, resource usage, storage space, and bandwidth are all these things that need to consider while choosing a web hosting plan.
generally, shared hosting is suitable for personal website, blogging site , portfolio site, or simple static websites.
whereas dedicated hosting is suitable for organizational , goverment sites , largen inventory maintenance , eCommerce sites.

MI
Back