The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Share your traffic sources here!

J

jpvonline

This is a great place to discover and share your traffic sources.
How do you generate your traffic? Do you use traffic exchanges or focus on search engine traffic?

I'll start.
For my websites I tend to use Forums and SEO to generate my traffic. For years these two have been my top traffic performers and have brought in many worthwhile visitors to my sites!

Forums, SEO, Twitter and Yahoo answers for me. I also do some banner exchanges with other websites/forums.
Forums and SEO are great sources for traffic.
Though for some reason I get banned or reported every time I try yahoo answers?
I don't actually post any links or anything related to my site because I'm new but still get banned?
Never had success with it

Social networking and press releases really work well for me. I also do a little bit a forum marketing and posting on Craig's List.

I really wish I understood why Craigslist keeps popping up on marketing sites, I can't even figure out where I would begin to advertise since I'm not about to go to 500 different city Craigslists to post the same thing.

Does Craigslist offer a universal listing as well?

Social networking and press releases really work well for me. I also do a little bit a forum marketing and posting on Craig's List.
Press releases? I've never though of doing these though I'll give them a try. Thanks for your share :)
I really wish I understood why Craigslist keeps popping up on marketing sites, I can't even figure out where I would begin to advertise since I'm not about to go to 500 different city Craigslists to post the same thing.

Your exactly right. I really don't understand Craigslist, I tried it once but it just stumbled me on the listing part

It really does depend on what you're marketing or selling. I don't advertise in 500 cities. I keep everything local to me. I know some people who claim to use Craig's List to promote CPA stuff, but I haven't tried it.

Right now my traffic is either coming from forums or search engines mostly, and direct traffic/returning visitors.

Right now my traffic is either coming from forums or search engines mostly, and direct traffic/returning visitors.
Same over here, If it's not my mass of forum posts, it's from google or returning visitors.

You gotta be careful using yahoo answers and not just insert your links in any questions poping, they monitors these answers so it better be related else you get banned.The traffic source I like best are from youtube especially if your vieeo ranks and will appear in google searches.

You gotta be careful using yahoo answers and not just insert your links in any questions poping, they monitors these answers so it better be related else you get banned.The traffic source I like best are from youtube especially if your vieeo ranks and will appear in google searches.
Your right. Yahoo is amazingly strict when it comes to links and advertising.
YouTube is another great resource if you know the ranking procedure well.

In regards to the Craigslist question, no, most people wouldn't post in 500 different categories. That would get them banned anyway.

Posting in a few different areas could be worthwhile, though. If you don't want to post locally, you can always choose a large city and target that area instead.

In regards to the Craigslist question, no, most people wouldn't post in 500 different categories. That would get them banned anyway.

Posting in a few different areas could be worthwhile, though. If you don't want to post locally, you can always choose a large city and target that area instead.
Thanks.
I was wondering where to post in CL and since it was city based I thought I wouldn't get much traffic. I'll still give it a try though!

I guess the theme her is every little bit of traffic helps but my recommendation is that you don't spend too much time chasing the little traffic if it takes away from your time creating the content that can bring more traffic in the long run.

I guess the theme her is every little bit of traffic helps but my recommendation is that you don't spend too much time chasing the little traffic if it takes away from your time creating the content that can bring more traffic in the long run.
I completely agree.
Getting traffic from places like CL are good for short time niches. If your in it for the long run, SEO is your solution!

It really depends on what niche I'm working in. The most successful traffic overall has come from paid sources. Being able to target your demographic makes a huge difference in your bottom line.

First and foremost I use SEO, and with that I make sure that I have good and high quality content that is attractive to my visitors, and then maybe I can start thinking about forums, Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites for backlinks.

I do the same thing with SEO. I make good, high=-wuality content that attracts visitors and encourages them to contribute. I promote my website through forums as well as lincensing some of my content and letting other sites use my content with a link back to my site.

I'm guilty of using traffic exchanges and Pinterest to garner traction for a brand new site. I'll then focus on SEO, building backlinks through advice sites and such, perhaps upload to Youtube if the niche fits. I've done limited work on forums, but they generate a good sum of traffic for the little effort I put into it.

banners
Back