The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Setting up Traffic Source (propeller Ads) in bemob

isedo

So here I'm...setting the first traffic source but man...the Bemob window is so intimidating.
I copied the Postback URL form Propeller Ads and copied it into the Bemob Traffic Souce window and I'm literally stuck.

I'm reading the guide from Bemob e Propeller but no clue what to do and how to deal with the parameters.
Anyone can please help me or show me some guide? Thanks.

P.s. I'm not sure if it's ok to show the postback numbers in the url so I pixellated them.

Attachments

• bemob2.jpg
    bemob2.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 44
So I just discovered duckduckgo
Thanks mate, i have not seen that result in my serp. I'm looking into that and seems like the new system is a little bit different but thanks to your post I managed to find a different way.

So for who may need this, this is the way:

1. In Bemob go to TrafficSources tab (It's under the Home tab).
  2. Don't click on the +New button (as i did) but click on the drop down arrow close to the +New button
  3. Choose New from template
  4. Select Propeller Ads
  5. Now in the Traffic Source window you will see all the fields ready and set (just paste your own postback ulr)

Now the question is, should I use the other tokens I see in the right side of the window or I can save the config like this, leaving the postback url as it is?

Attachments

• bemob03.jpg
    bemob03.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 32
whatever works :D
without asking the query / question right the answer is hard to find.
just talk 'ape' to search machines --that's how they think :D

To whom maybe useful, I found this video which sums up what I'm learning the hard way (some info here, some info there).
Still not 100% straightforward but better than nothing. The Bemob interface is now little bit differents so it's still not super forward to follow.

Last edited:
Should I select the SendPostbacks % and Send Traffic Loss % ? (Setting up Campaign)
The official guide does not have these parameters updated in the guide.

Attachments

• bemob05.jpg
    bemob05.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 18
in a URL
custid&12309787

is a parameter&value
These trackers have bastardized the terminology to suit their needs (understanding).

In programming it is a substitution
{token} becomes /?{token_name}=[the form value you use]
they are you variables submitted e.g.; $vars var
Yeaaah man...feel like a monkey (Still). Jeeezzz...
Can u tell how this url should be once setup properly?

https://www.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxx/?sl=xxxxxxx-xxxxx&data1=Track1&data2=Track2&tag={External_ID_from_traffic_source}&website={subID}&placement={sub_subID}

Is there any guide or solid video about this?

So, I did my best. I setup the offer, the campaign and tested in Propeller Ads if it's working.
Propeller opened a new page with a banner.
I clicked on the banner and it brought me to the offer. So I suppose it's working...

Now the big question:"Is the tracker collecting the data and is really everything setup correctly?"

Another update for who is facing the same.
In Propeller Ads, after the test button, read the small letters:

1. Our system will generate a testing banner with your target URL. Click on banner.
2. Go to your landing and complete a conversion.
3. If the S2S postback settings are correct, our system will soon register a conversion.

Should the conversion be registered also by the tracker?

[Update]
The tracker is showing one Visit so I suppose it's working. I'm still confused as a monkey about the whole Tag thing but something is working :-D

[Update]
MobIdea recorded the Visit. Feeling a little bit less monkey bit still confusing. I still feel like i just followed what was written here and there but im not having control of what I'm doing with the tags.

Last edited:
I think not. I'm so confused but also satisfied that I have no clue what to look for. Can u give me a help?
And yes, I did the three clicks and one conversion...i think that was a conversion what i did since it's reflected in Bemob.

Attachments

• bemob07.jpg
    bemob07.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 23
in a URL
custid&12309787

is a parameter&value
These trackers have bastardized the terminology to suit their needs (understanding).

In programming it is a substitution
{token} becomes /?{token_name}=[the form value you use]
they are you variables submitted e.g.; $vars var

I'm watching this video which is helping quite a lot in order to understand visually the whole process. I just realized my postback URL is not set because it still shows words to replace:

xxxxx.bemobtrcks.com/postback?cid={{EXTERNAL_ID}}&payout={{MONEY}}&txid=OPTIONAL&status=OPTIONAL

I have no idea what to do with this. Maybe today I'm overwhelmed and starting to be a little bit tired (but exited).

banners
Back