The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seomoz vs Web directory - new war

UK WW ex member

affiliate
Seomoz vs Web directories

John editor of Best Internet Resource Directory has pointed me an article in SEOMOZ blog. Rand in his article told about some research he has done for web directory . Particulary with Aviva directory as his sample directory to research the quality of directory he has written how did he researched aviva and what is his findings . He also suggested some ways to find quality web directory.

In the directory owner community it already resulted hot discussion, many raised question against his methodology of judging quality of a directory.

John has writen a very good article , you could read here SEOMOZ

Like John's I would like to know what you think about Rand's article.

thanks

Rand is right sorry. I have directories that are PR3 or 4 but you can't buy your way in as they are free, and there is no crap in them. They are bringing in hundreds of visitors daily for loads of phrases, and the sites that are in there FOR FREE benefit from through traffic!

Oh & they earn me anything between $2 to $60 each in dasense per day.

Thank you friends --for your comments.
I believe everybody has a right to express his/her opinions on this free internet.
But it should never be at the expense of others.
Rand Fishkin --has every right to analyze and tell his mind. But in doing that he must also provide solid proofs. He has repeatedly avoided questions/clarifications from the directory community.

So if he can do it--we too can do it.

It took me more than 12 hrs to write/compile the article --to gather all those authentic proofs-- to refute the rubbish that Rand made.

If you think it is useful for directory owners -- please get together and digg it. May be we are a good/big communirty enough to take it to digg's front page --and spread how irresponsible/illogic a person Rand is.

Best regards.
John

Hi John nice to see you here . Yes from your article it is clear that you worked hard to prepare. I think Rand did not take that much time , from his post I sensed he was pre-occupied to say bad of directories . He made a big comments on directory only taking 2,3 steps and just one directory (aviva)

Hi John nice to see you here . Yes from your article it is clear that you worked hard to prepare. I think Rand did not take that much time , from his post I sensed he was pre-occupied to say bad of directories . He made a big comments on directory only taking 2,3 steps and just one directory (aviva)

Thanks a lot.
I am sorry - I don't visit here too often. But ATM - I am working very hard --to improve my directories --new designs, category structure, listing, value additions and so on.

About Rand -- I think it was not because he --didn't know what is good --or what is bad.

The ever so inaccurate tool was popularized by Jeff, owner of 6 high quality directories including Aviva that Rand crucified.

It was more out of frustration than common-sense that Rand is rubbishing.

banners
Back