The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

SEO traffic is not free

Moved!

Nothing is free and time is very valuable.

Few affiliates understand the need to move to a more sustainable model like content marketing. While landing pages will always be a necessity for some forms of our marketing, where SEO doesn't shine, content marketing has always sustained a level of implementation of SEO as a tertiary traffic source. The biggest issue with SEO, and always has been, is the lack of micro targeting.

Moved!

Nothing is free and time is very valuable.

Few affiliates understand the need to move to a more sustainable model like content marketing. While landing pages will always be a necessity for some forms of our marketing, where SEO doesn't shine, content marketing has always sustained a level of implementation of SEO as a tertiary traffic source. The biggest issue with SEO, and always has been, is the lack of micro targeting.

That is correct you can target more specific demographics with PPC
I tried PPC and $500 disappeared very quickly
Didn't have the funds back then to experiment
So learnt SEO instead and never tried PPC or social media advertising since
Probably far more profitable
With SEO you're only risking your time

I tried PPC and $500 disappeared very quickly

Paid traffic these days requires a bit more budget in my experience. When I test paid traffic today, I generally budget $2k for a good set of tests. I usually split test 3 to 5 campaigns at a minimum and I split test the creatives, landers or sites, the demographics, and the Geo's in each campaign. That's just to find one or two campaigns that may be profitable and then I refine split testing with the one or two campaigns that look promising. By the time I am done with testing, I have often gone up to as much as $4k before scaling at least one campaign I know will return the ROI I seek.

The old days, 20 years ago, I did all of this with a couple hundred bucks (or less), but those days are looooooonnnngg GONE!

I think it dont exist free traffic as you either pay with yout money either with your time and time its very valuable .The word : Rich people put money to work for them instead working for money has a big importance in this thread

Why? The traffic quality is way down?

Well, there is some of that going around, some of the quality has suffered due to new consumers researching various markets they may not typically be in, and are not really ready or able to enter into. Additionally, for me, higher expenses are generally for two reasons.
  1. I am in some very high end aff programs and clicks are very expensive. Low competition volume, but extremely high competition for the clicks available.
  2. I tend to run groups of test campaigns with loads of split testing everything (generates higher initial costs). As well, in my sphere of high end aff marketing, the stakes are a bit higher. However, even when I do run the typical aff campaigns with greater expenditures in research and split testing, I end up with scalable campaigns quicker that I can literally pour gobs of money into to earn fast. The increased up front costs actually allow me to scale at a greater pace and on more platforms so I can get the ROI's higher during the short time we have with those types of campaigns before everyone copies them. When mine get copied, I drop them and start over. I seldom copy anymore, I most always create original everything! The one thing I never get copied on are my content sites. Most aff marketers are just too lazy to make that kind of effort and commitment.

One of the first jobs I have to do as a consultant going into an SEO engagement is to debunk the myth that SEO is “free.” SEO has never been, nor will it ever be free traffic. It takes work, and that comes at a cost. If you are paying an SEO firm or contractor, the cost is obvious.

Wish you all the best.

One of the first jobs I have to do as a consultant going into an SEO engagement is to debunk the myth that SEO is “free.” SEO has never been, nor will it ever be free traffic. It takes work, and that comes at a cost. If you are paying an SEO firm or contractor, the cost is obvious.

Wish you all the best.

Agree with you wholeheatedly
Google is getting very responsive about changing its rankings
If you have content that already ranks then you can create new content and rank top of Google in a few hours
Same for You Tube videos you can rank top of Google in a few hours
And that traffic converts again and again and again
There are benefits of PPC for micro targeting yes
Main problem with PPC is the money AND time you waste testing
With SEO its only time, but probably more of it than PPC
Each to their own

SEO is very outdated ...
seo-oil.jpg

Too many people are just parroting outdated information --trying to sell their inferior services :p

Just create a good value proposition (or content) for real people that is coded properly and allows good indexing by search engine crawlers (bots).

Very good advice
Provide value for real people and use good code
These are the tenets of getting traffic

I refuse to kiss Google's ass.
Remember Matt Cutts ROFLMAO
Disinformation and False-Flag Google spokesman.

Just create a good value proposition (or content) for real people that is coded properly and allows good indexing by search engine crawlers (bots).

Deny access to the common SEO scraping tools used and their bots if you don't want your content ripped off by tool users.

Haha took me years to learn coding and server administration lolz
Get back with me when you have mastered ssh and reading server logs --that is required learning.
If you don't have a good understanding of that -- you won't understand ...

I have a mapping file referred to as $bad_bot in my nginix.conf

Code:
#block_bots.conf

if ($bad_bot) { #return 444;
        return 302 https://twitter.com/userName;
}

if ($server_protocol = HTTP/1.0) { return 444; }

if ($http_user_agent = "") { return 444; }

Dedication = success
Anyone can learn this code from @Graybeard
But it takes relentless dedication over many years
The only way is to START TODAY

Best SEO is just follow the guidelines
Same for PPC
If you don't like guidelines build your own kingdom

Last edited:
Haha took me years to learn coding and server administration lolz
Get back with me when you have mastered ssh and reading server logs --that is required learning.
If you don't have a good understanding of that -- you won't understand ...

I have a mapping file referred to as $bad_bot in my nginix.conf

Code:
#block_bots.conf

if ($bad_bot) { #return 444;
        return 302 https://twitter.com/userName;
}

if ($server_protocol = HTTP/1.0) { return 444; }

if ($http_user_agent = "") { return 444; }

One of the first jobs I have to do as a consultant going into an SEO engagement is to debunk the myth that SEO is “free.” SEO has never been, nor will it ever be, free traffic. It takes work, and that comes at a cost. You need to hire staff or allocate internal resources to manage your SEO efforts

One of the first jobs I have to do as a consultant going into an SEO engagement is to debunk the myth that SEO is “free.” SEO has never been, nor will it ever be, free traffic. It takes work, and that comes at a cost. You need to hire staff or allocate internal resources to manage your SEO efforts

Also much SEO is not organic
When its from paid links

Now, there is no dispute that SEO is not free traffic. You must have understood, it is a dedicated online activity that requires a lot of best practices and experience. Only ranking at the top on SERP is not enough, it's not worthy unless and until you gain huge website traffic.

Only ranking at the top on SERP is not enough, it's not worthy unless and until you gain huge website traffic.
Enough traffic is however much you need to achieve a specific amount of visits, which equal a specific amount of clicks, which equal a specific amount of commission

MI
Back