The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO | Google FAQ

temi

affiliate
so.. i'm new to this domain.. SEO optimizations and some of the terms you use here are strange to me.. Please try to explain some o them. not only for me but also for other forum users present and future
- Google Ranking??
- PR - and the PR types??
and other tips&thricks in the domain. Also links to sites with tutorials / hints would be good.
Thank you! Radu

Radu,
I will prepare a comprehensive list of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) terms when I have some free time, in the mean time some answers to the questions you raised:

SEO - Search engine optimisation, this are things you do to your website so that your website will be ranked highly by search engines. Example of things that could make your website rank very high in most search engines are:
- How quickly your site loads, search engines dislike sites with heavy graphics
- Use of flash, most search engines do not like flash
- Meta tags . The use of meta tags on your site, how important key words are placed on the site

And many other things but the MOST important factor that determines how highly your site is ranked is the numbers of relevant links you have pointing to your site and the anchor text used to link to your site. The Page Rank of the site that links to you is another factor, a link from a PR6 site is more valuable than a link from a PR3 site for example.

PageRank - This is the tool used by Google to allocate importance to a web page, you need to have a plug in installed in your browser to be able to view Page Rank for web pages. See the image at the bottom of this post for what Page Rank indicator look like.

You can download Google Page Rank plug in from here: http://toolbar.google.com another useful site ranking tool is Alexa tool bar, it works in a completely different way from Google tool bar, Alexa tool bar rank sites based on the number of traffic they receive. You can download Alex tool bar by clicking on this link: http://download.alexa.com/?amzn_id=haabaa-21
Thanks

ukwebmasterworld-pagerank.jpg

thanks

ok thanks for the information. I am looking forward to more... this is a new domain to me and i am very curious :)

nov,

No problems, but for the record, they arent mine :cry: . I do have similar articles but I found these to be some of the best. :wink:

MI
Back