The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

SEO Contest Targeted Term: seocontest2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello asksison, kickers...

We did received your entries and will confirm them right away.

Good luck with competition!

Well, what aload of old tosh IMO, who, in quality SEO would use a joined up term, no gaps between words etc in a hope to attract searchers?

I have, gone to the trouble of buying a new URL and shaping a new site purely for this contest only to find that it has been completely a waste of time.

I always use good English, therefore assumed the term would be split, as it is said and as it would be searched for in real life on the net. I have spent hours on the net loading the site onto search engines and directories and am absolutely fuming now to find that the term is not actually a search term, it is in fact a nonsensicle jumble of letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello SEORulz,

Seocontest2008 (nonsensicle jumble of letters - which you call it) was chosen
because we needed a term that was not in Google's index what-so-ever. The
term could have been "dljfadsjrewoikdsfhsd" - and that would have been fine
too, as we are running the contest to see who can rank THAT TERM highest -
without any regard for how "real" it is...

And a domain name such as seo-contest-2008.com (or whatever, you get the point)
will be GREAT for SEO, as long as your onpage and offpage optimization targets the
exact term we are after.

Do you see the relevance in the domain name as far as the term is concerned?
If not, then you can ask for SEO advice here on this forum, and we will be glad to help!

Hello SEORulz,

Seocontest2008 (nonsensicle jumble of letters - which you call it) was chosen
because we needed a term that was not in Google's index what-so-ever. The
term could have been "dljfadsjrewoikdsfhsd" - and that would have been fine
too, as we are running the contest to see who can rank THAT TERM highest -
without any regard for how "real" it is...

And a domain name such as seo-contest-2008.com (or whatever, you get the point)
will be GREAT for SEO, as long as your onpage and offpage optimization targets the
exact term we are after.

Do you see the relevance in the domain name as far as the term is concerned?
If not, then you can ask for SEO advice here on this forum, and we will be glad to help!

Agreed, any search term could have been used, so long as it was not in the index but now there are so many Google results for "seo contest 2008" (with spaces as you can see). I found them and it mislead my entry. I saw the contest mentioned and looked it up, with spaces on the net, and found results all alluring to the competition.

Any domain would be GREAT for the contest so long as you know what you are actually doing on page and off page for your information :winkiss:

registration form

hi guys,

i come from indonesia and wanna join seocontest2008 but i dont see my country in the country drop down list.
is it ID?

thanks.

I think we already have a few contestants from Indonesia, you are welcomed to join and btw, what drop down list are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back