SEO Contest Targeted Term: seocontest2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkinnerW

The wait is over and race is on!

Targeted search term for our contest is:

seocontest2008

Make sure you use it with no spaces, no dashes or underscores.

As you can check right now Google does not return any results for this term, so let's get to work and make sure on April 1st Google has something to show us...

What to do next:

1. Create NEW page - it can be domain, subdomain, subfolder but must be brand new with no incoming links.

2. Insert this block of code into your new page:
Code:
<a href='http://www.ukwebmasterworld.com/' target='_blank'>UK Webmaster World SEO Contest</a>

3. Go to official contest site and fill up registration form

4. Apply your best (legal) SEO techniques to achieve the best SERPs for the targeted term

Registration will be closed as soon as we receive 300 submissions.

Everyone will be able to see current standings on the SEO Contest page which will be updated daily.

I would highly recommend to subscribe to the SEO contest RSS feed so you don't miss any important announcements.

Good luck to all participants and let the best win!

Useful links for 2008 UKWW SEO Contest:

- Official 2008 SEO Contest Rules
- SEO Contest Registration Page
- Current Standings (updated daily)

In regards to registration, can we regitser multiple times or just make a note under the statement about seo in case we have multiple entries?

Every forum member can register for the contest only one time. You will need to insert your forum user name in the verification code as described above

<a href='http://www.ukwebmasterworld.com/' target='_blank'>UK Webmaster World SEO Contest</a>

THIS?

Yes, almost...

Please copy the code from my first post in this thread.

Thanks

boy that was quick google has found it "seocontest2008" within 20 mins of this posting

have you got a direct link into google database ?

Mike :)

Well great choice of search term there totally right under our noses lol

2 hours in and so far there are already 10 results returned by Google... :good:

Someone is doing good job and I hope members in other timezones will be able to catch up when they start getting up in the morning... :)

Good luck to everyone! I think this is going to be a hard contest.

Dont think of it as hard, just think of it as fun :yahoo:

2 hours in and so far there are already 10 results returned by Google... :good:

Someone is doing good job and I hope members in other timezones will be able to catch up when they start getting up in the morning... :)

Good point, you think it will make that much of a difference?

That's why we decided to keep it going for 2 month so everyone can have more equal chances to succeed...

That's why we decided to keep it going for 2 month so everyone can have more equal chances to succeed...

Yer best idea, god dam time zones guess the UK will always be in from no matter what lol :good:

The seo contest page is making a query for "SEO" if I am not wrong?
Keyword used: SEO - Check URL: google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&q=SEO&btnG=Search

P.S. sent a PM previously, but thought would be better if I ask here. The rules says that the page must be NEW and no cached version, does this mean it just needs to be a new page but it can be under an established domain?

Thank you

The seo contest page is making a query for "SEO" if I am not wrong?

P.S. sent a PM previously, but thought would be better if I ask here. The rules says that the page must be NEW and no cached version, does this mean it just needs to be a new page but it can be under an established domain?

Thank you

Yes thats right a fresh untouched page ready to do battle :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back