The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO Contest Entries

I really like this part on your blog
Code:
SEOContest2008 Sucks! Such contests should be banned by Google and all participating parties including the contest holders should be penalized for buying and selling indirect paid links.
haha Rep given for making me laugh so much.

To me it doesn't mean any thing. [IMO] What he means to say is implied to all contests then why he has chosen the term seocontest2008? Even if this is an link bait program, it wont attract any one with this. one need to be more smarter to do so.

Also the term seocontest2008 is not spammy and never produce spammy results, the contest designer is wise enough to choose this term, where as earlier contest's keywords doesn't mean any thing. So participation in this is pretty safe.

Today I read somewhere one of the contestant's blog at blogspot was suspended as it violate terms of service, wordpress has done that before. So choosing a blogspot blog as contest entry is not a wise decision any more.

I may be wrong but I am truly surprised with this entry :kneeled:

The point he is trying to make that Google will be filled with spammy results instead of genuine. Unlike many other contests we did not use any real life terms so our contestants WILL NOT affect internet surfers who is searching for something particular.
The term "seocontest2008" did not return any results before February 1st when contest started, so please explain who is hurt now when there are over 150K pages found related to this term??

All I can see is another "Jerry Springer" attempt to create controversy and hopefully attract some attention and may be some traffic. If you feel that contest is useless and dislike it so much why in the world woud you register to take part in it? :idk:

Regarding Blogger - from all domains being created only 1 or 2 were declared in violation of TOS while many others, including my own test Blogger page are still live and moving up in SERPs. May be these few who were suspended did use some shady SEO practices which would affect any other domain, even self hosted...

The point he is trying to make that Google will be filled with spammy results instead of genuine. Unlike many other contests we did not use any real life terms so our contestants WILL NOT affect internet surfers who is searching for something particular.

He has done the wrong analysis. You cant call this term spammy by any means, this is a very much legitimate contest. seocontest2008 is actually a true synonyms for term seo+contest+2008 for se's and in future sites who are providing contents in around this keyword will appear. People do search for it.

To me SEOCONTEST2008 is better than even the first ever contest called Negritude Ultramarine.

The term "seocontest2008" did not return any results before February 1st when contest started, so please explain who is hurt now when there are over 150K pages found related to this term??

Why it will hurt natural searches even if it have over a billion references? please refer to Google trends where Google openly display the most popular search term every year. Also spreading a buzz is not a crime, :) You can read my post here on Buzz Factor called seocontest2008.

All I can see is another "Jerry Springer" attempt to create controversy and hopefully attract some attention and may be some traffic. If you feel that contest is useless and dislike it so much why in the world woud you register to take part in it? :idk:

Exactly! Early 2006 SEO's discovered the term called Link Bait where they gain natural link for an either an amazing article or a controversial one. Since creating the controversy is easy most of the baiter's choose this route and search for soft targets.

But later all controversies dies as in real world people are smarter and they easily distinguish the fake and original one.

The most recent and worst ever Link Bait which is launched by a company in USA recently is "They are paying every website owners $4800 a month just for displaying the link on there site. :)

Today people are looking for quick popularity and they are ready to sacrifice there brand.

Regarding Blogger - from all domains being created only 1 or 2 were declared in violation of TOS while many others, including my own test Blogger page are still live and moving up in SERPs. May be these few who were suspended did use some shady SEO practices which would affect any other domain, even self hosted...

It's not the case, the domain which was banned from blogger is back again. to me the site is up and running. You can check seocontest-2008.blogspot.com and seocontest2008 Yes Wordpress one is gone as there TOS clearly explain the use.

Even my self hosted site was completely out of index, but thanks to StopBadware.com it's back to normal and even more stronger. The reason was, some one hacked the older posts and included a iframe code on each post that automatically download a malware on users machine.

Those who called others spammy must comeup with strong logics before creating a site like that and entries like this should not be allowed to participate in contest!

Let's us begin and try to get things right as now only 41 days are left. So, let the best man wins..:D

Amit, here the man with lady luck will win. The time is too short and no one can predict the positions ;)

Wish you best of luck to win this contest as I have no luck with ladies till now :sweat:

:D Lol nice point seonotes as there are some ladies also in the contest and they can be the ones.

As men's are concerned they kneel down for ladies only..:kneeled:
and me too no back support as concerned with ladies luck with me till date feeling Alone:eek: and same to you.

Hi,

I am new in the seocontest2008 and however I haven't worked out my site yet, but I have two very short pages including the keyword and the required link to UKWW, and these two pages are indexed by Google.

I am wondering, why on the current standings page I can see only 29 contestants' URLs (ukwebmasterworld.com/seo-contest/0208/top100.php)?

Meanwhile Google search indicated a couple of days ago 148,000 pages, and right now it shows about 98,000 pages.

How it comes that only 29 pages are listed in the TOP 100 list?

Hello sandor,
Welcome to UK WW and thank you for your question, here are some of the reason for having only 29 on our listing pages:
1. any contestant that is not in the top 100 in Google will not be listed
2. any site that does not link back to our site will not be listed
3. any site that does not enter site url correctly will not be listed.

I hope that help answer you question
Thanks

Hello sandor,
Welcome to UK WW and thank you for your question, here are some of the reason for having only 29 on our listing pages:
2. any site that does not link back to our site will not be listed
3. any site that does not enter site url correctly will not be listed.

I hope that help answer you question
Thanks

Thank you Temi,

The above 1. explains well why there are only 29 on UKWW listing page.
I trust most of the contestants took care to link back properly, and were enough aware to enter correctly the site url.

LMAO. Ok as a reply to those back there that commented on my contest entry at smalllarge.com first im a SHE not a He, Amanda Linch, not much of a guys name you know? ;)

Secondly it was not meant as link bait, or a way to defame this cool contest, just a funny out of the ordinary Blog post choosing certain keywords along with seocontest2008 to form original content that could help in the SERPs.

If you're too blind to realize that's what it was, then im sorry for you, otherwise good luck to all those that entered the contest ;) :D

i registered but i don't see myself in the list

check it out

user: catchme

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
[/quote]

No wonder i am not in the list! :(

as long as you are on the list in the beginning of this thread - you are fine.

If in the future your site gets withing first 100 results on Google - our script will find it...

I must admit this contest has good amount of contestants now, 115. the most interesting entry i figure out is Ravz - tech2.com/seocontest2008.html
I believe this site is a part of CNN India Network!

The more interesting thing is if you type the URL without www, it's redirected to home page. :)

For our international participants!!!

Content entry page Must be in English!!!

If we can not read what on the page - we will not be able to evaluate it.

Please make sure content of your participating page or site is in English only...

There are still some new entries being submitted without forum user name or for existing websites.

I have been repeating again and again to read and follow submission rules so if your site is not on the list - your entry did not meet submission guidelines.

banners
Back