The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seasonal Monetization

frugalwench

affiliate
I would like to know how many of you take advantage of running seasonal items just for monetization purposes, aside from your main sites?

I'm finding that my gardening site traffic is starting to pick up now, with the weather starting to warm up and people turning their thoughts to the outdoors and gardening. Haven't checked my affiliate earnings lately, because they're mostly gardening sites, so I'm thinking that income will pick up as well as the weather warms.

I'm thinking that I should think of some different content to run during different seasons, maybe have a blog or a site or two just for the winter, when gardening is dead. Living in FL, it's hard to think of winter topics, even in the dead of winter.

Does anyone else seasonalize your sales, and what are some seasonal topics that have worked well for you?

Personally, I don't like the idea. The time and effort I'd put into making that website is the same I could put into making a blog that could sell all the year. The fact that it could be a niche without too much competition is tentative, though.

I think that if your site is devoted to a seasonal topic such as outdoor gardening, then it could be a good idea to have another niche or revenue stream to work on during the winter months. This could depend on where the majority of your traffic comes from - if most of your visitors are from climates where it's warm year round then your fine. :)

A few winter ideas that came to mind were winter travel (hot getaways, ski vacations, etc), cold weather apparel, seasonal gifts (Valentine's Day, Easter, etc).

Another idea would be to ask yourself what hobbies do gardeners take up in the winter?

Cheers,

I was going to say the samething as Julia.... Do some research and see what hobbies gardeners take up durring the winters..Then you can give tips, advice and keep them visiting your site year round.

The good thing about a blog is you can create post and set them on auto blog. You can also plug RSS feeds to keep your blog fresh and up to date.

In order to keep visitors on your site durring the off season you can offer them topics of interest, maybe gardening tips, forcast popular plants/flowers for the season to come...or like Julia said find a similar niche and make it an extension of your gardening site.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks, everyone! I live in a subtropical climate, so winter is actually our growing season, but we're a small part of the U.S. and certainly, most of the world is subtropical or tropical, so it's not like I won't have anyone to promote to.

It's going to take some thought. Maybe I'll just concentrate on the homemaking side of frugality during the winter months.

Maybe I'll just concentrate on the homemaking side of frugality during the winter months.

This could be a great idea, I know for many people home expenses rise in the winter with the cost of additional heating.

Cheers,

banners
Back