The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Search results different on three browsers - why?

v9designbuild

Tonight I took a look at who was at the top of the rankings for "web design bangkok". To my surprise, the results differed on three browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome and IE.

I have never seen this before. Has anyone got any idea why? It's late but it's a mystery to me at the moment.

I can't say I've ever heard of that and I don't know why Google would want to do it. What sort of differences specifically were you seeing? Can you provide an example or two? or a screen shot?

They may not be different as such, I have noticed a dramatic fluctuation within the Google index over the past two weeks. I have done a search and returned 36000000 results and done the sane search a few seconds later and returned less the 6000 results. It could be something to do with that I suspect.

I've run accross this myself and I find the best way to accurately know what most people are seeing on Google is to use the Google Ad Preview Tool. Also, make sure you're not signed into a Google account because if you are, you're going to see their new "personalized results" which will be different from what the rest of the world sees.

closing and reopening the same browser can put you on a different datacenter, and since Google is constantly updating the positions, it stands to reason that you could get a different results from different datacenters as they are constantly in flux unless you are an authority site.

Datacentres

The only logical reason is that it must be a datacentre problem. I've never seen this happen before (admittedly, I've never tried before). I didn't open and close the same browser, I just opened all three one after the other. I've just checked again and the results are the same as last night. The strange thing is that the results are wildly out. One of the top sites, usually at #2, is #10 on IE. But why go to three different datacentres for a request from the same IP? Who knows?

Screenshot

I can't say I've ever heard of that and I don't know why Google would want to do it. What sort of differences specifically were you seeing? Can you provide an example or two? or a screen shot?

I can't publish the url of my website but [mydomain]/browser-results.html is what's displayed.

Yeah, it won't happen like that..It will be the problem with your datacenter, i don't think it's Google mistake..And also some times you will get different results in very short span of intervals, it may happen...Thank you

Still none the wiser

Yeah, it won't happen like that..It will be the problem with your datacenter, i don't think it's Google mistake..And also some times you will get different results in very short span of intervals, it may happen...Thank you
Still don't understand why 3 different browsers use different datacenters from the same IP. I'll leave it at that, I think.

Datacenters work on a load basis, depending on where you are located and how many people are online, you may be transfered to a different datacenter because of the amount of people on google at the time.

So when datacenter 1 is at peak it will divert you to datacenter 2 ( 1 & 2 are examples, depends on your location and what they have dedicated to your area)for your area. This is the basics of how it works and keeps google giving lightening fast results.

You're more than probably right

Datacenters work on a load basis, depending on where you are located and how many people are online, you may be transfered to a different datacenter because of the amount of people on google at the time.

So when datacenter 1 is at peak it will divert you to datacenter 2 ( 1 & 2 are examples, depends on your location and what they have dedicated to your area)for your area. This is the basics of how it works and keeps google giving lightening fast results.

Interesting, being that only 11% of people in Thailand have computers, let alone internet access. But network overload I would agree with this. Access is woeful here.

some pages in google updates almos every minut... it depends on what PR do this page have and how many users visit this page! so.. i think that it shouldn't be a surprise for you! :)

banners
Back