The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

RevContent Bot Traffic

hasi

Long time Revcontent user here. Mostly bot traffic (tried almost all their targeting and recommendations from rep). Only converted like 2 or 3 leads past 6-8 months. Today I loss $40 suddenly in few mins. This happened to me few times. Even after blocking bad source, they still sending traffic and charge our money.

Popads recently added "Adscore" bot filtering. Native networks containing fake traffic such as revcontent also need to ad this tool.

Very bad traffic. Beware They will empty your cash within minutes.

Long time Revcontent user here. Mostly bot traffic (tried almost all their targeting and recommendations from rep). Only converted like 2 or 3 leads past 6-8 months. Today I loss $40 suddenly in few mins. This happened to me few times. Even after blocking bad source, they still sending traffic and charge our money.

Popads recently added "Adscore" bot filtering. Native networks containing fake traffic such as revcontent also need to ad this tool.

Very bad traffic. Beware They will empty your cash within minutes.

Popads added it that feature but it does nothing except make you feel like it's cleaner when it's not :)
Bots are everywhere, everyone deals with them and it's knowing how to deal with them that separates earning/losing.

Popads added it that feature but it does nothing except make you feel like it's cleaner when it's not :)
Bots are everywhere, everyone deals with them and it's knowing how to deal with them that separates earning/losing.
But some traffic sources are very clean(little to no bots).
Revcontent say they are above others with good traffic, but it's not. False advertising. They have lots of sites made for bot clicks / fake traffic. without any valuable content. too much for their 98% rejection policy.

But some traffic sources are very clean(little to no bots).
Revcontent say they are above others with good traffic, but it's not. False advertising. They have lots of sites made for bot clicks / fake traffic. without any valuable content. too much for their 98% rejection policy.

Yeah I agree, I've gone off revcontent lately because of their quality. I even had an overspend on push from there with low quality referrers... on push! Push never really has referring domains because it's direct to device, but they still haven't refunded me and I haven't loaded anything since.

They have a new CEO, reps leaving, more pressure on the remaining reps and their push is all 3rd party stuff. Better off going direct to the source.

I can detect a lot of *bot* traffic and count it and then reject the hits.
I pay for that traffic but I can "quality score" that network.

When they are a crap network: I complain and threaten to out them (after firmly requesting a refund of the balance -- if it's not a trivial amount). One network was over counting their traffic (padding). I have my own servers and logs to work with and understand the Internet of *lost connections* :D damn few.

The other thing I am working on is using the available public data available in the USA (
  • US Census,
  • IRS,
  • other US government sources,
  • maxmind and other IP, host and ASN data
  • as well as possibly some NGO and trade organization data from US sources)
just buying Tier 1 US traffic really varies a lot and low conversions may be for the reason of crap real people demographics too :p

Hopefully I can expand the idea to other GEO's and countries that make available similar data (probably Western Europe)

So, without documentation; that your bots are not imaginary bogyman bots -- I think you will just be stuck in the same loops ...

Last edited:
I can detect a lot of *bot* traffic and count it and then reject the hits.
I pay for that traffic but I can "quality score" that network.

When they are a crap network: I complain and threaten to out them (after firmly requesting a refund of the balance -- if it's not a trivial amount). One network was over counting their traffic (padding). I have my own servers and logs to work with and understand the Internet of *lost connections* :D damn few.

The other thing I am working on is using the available public data available in the USA (
  • US Census,
  • IRS,
  • other US government sources,
  • maxmind and other IP, host and ASN data
  • as well as possibly some NGO and trade organization data from US sources)
just buying Tier 1 US traffic really varies a lot and low conversions may be for the reason of crap real people demographics too :p

Hopefully I can expand the idea to other GEO's and countries that make available similar data (probably Western Europe)

So, without documentation; that your bots are not imaginary bogyman bots -- I think you will just be stuck in the same loops ...
I can detect bots too :)

I ran almost all GEOs (US,Europe, Southeast asia, LATAM, Australia). Health, Crypto, CPA many kind of offers(some offers converted really well in other traffic sources).

@hasi @NeverGiveUp @Graybeard I don't know if you've heard but Voluum released yesterday a new feature to all Voluum customers - it's called Anti-Fraud Kit.
What it does, in short, is it identifies suspicious clicks and visits through a set of (10) anti-fraud metrics, that you can switch on and off for each campaign depending on your needs, and also gives you complex fraud reports (that's the needed documentation @Graybeard is talking about!) on the clicks and visits you bought enabling you to negotiate with your traffic sources getting $$$ back and, if the TS ignores hard evidence we provide, lets you block unwanted traffic using IP addresses or IP ranges or user agent names.

I've explained what AFK is in much detail in another post (here it is: Official - Voluum). Since you're clearly very engaged in the topic I would love to hear what's your opinion on it. Lmk!

Karolina

@voluum Good move. Hope this anti-fraud tech integrate to many traffic sources & trackers this year
@hasi I can't really know what others have in plans but bot filtering/detecting and ad-fraud are def hot topics now.
The advantage of the tracker is that Anti-Fraud Kit works for every traffic no matter the traffic source - so even with the less technologically advanced TS you're able to take actions now through IP/UA filtering.

That is *company policy* for volumm
I do my own anti-fraud on my own servers -- there is never question in my own mind that way.
i need help with filtering out bots :( help me out guys!
It took me years to slug this out and it changes daily.
Do you have ssh access to your logs and know how to analyze them -- that is how you start ...
Or, you rely on what others tell you or pay for some tool -- that is the way the Internet is

2cents.png

MI
Back