Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Retargeting!

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
Luke my man, please talk me through where, how and the results of your retargeting campaign with LPF.com.

Also I'd love it if you did it in brief here and then in full inside The Dojo as a guide...

Doesn't have to be to in-depth just a quick walkthrough of where and how!

Thanks man!

haha, I figured you were going to ask this :)

Alright, let's take a look at my LukePeerFly.com retargeting campaign for my Teespring case study.

I use AdWords for all my retargeting campaigns. They have placement on the largest sites in the world and when you're doing retargeting you just want to get display. I need eyes on my banners so they come back to my blog and make me monies.

If you've visited my blog over the past few months it's likely you were then followed around by my caricature with this banner:

jjd.png

It's also likely you were like "OMG??!?!? $6k?!?!?!?! HOW THE..." and clicked it. If not, WTF are you waiting for. Read my case study. If you did click it then you cost me around $0.12. Don't worry, I'm going to make it back from you.

hjd.png

Those are my stats for this particular campaign over the past 30 days. I've stalked you all for 362,000 impressions of which generated around 1,500 clicks on my ad. Y'all cost me $185.01!!!!!!

But, there's good news. Based on the unreliable conversion statistics AdWords provides, I've gotten 44 conversions from those 1,500 clicks. My cost per conversion was $4.20 (Jay Wessman just giggled).

But, what's a conversion? When you click my ad you are taken to an article on my blog. How does that back out to a conversion? Well, in reality, it backs out a few different ways, but I'm only tracking one and that's FPTraffic sales.

FPTraffic is mentioned twice in my article about all the monies I'm making from Teespring. If you land on that article from my retargeting campaign and then sign up and pay for a FPTraffic membership, AdWords will count you as a conversion. Each conversion is really worth at least $10 so even though I'm paying $4.20 per conversion according to AdWords, I'm actually making at least $5.80 profit. Because FPTraffic is so awesome, it's likely each user that signs up through my AdWords campaign will stay subscribed for years, which means I could potentially make hundreds, if not thousands off of each conversion.

So, in a nutshell, that's how I'm running and monetizing this particular retargeting campaign and you can see why I'm happy to keep paying Google to let me follow you all everywhere you go online :)

Last edited:
Very nice, thanks man.

Can you elaborate or maybe do a small guide inside The Dojo on how to set up your first retargeting campaign on AdWords?

Very nice, thanks man.

Can you elaborate or maybe do a small guide inside The Dojo on how to set up your first retargeting campaign on AdWords?

We'll see. I'm planning to do a blog post on this as well.

Luke do you know if you can apply adword coupons to old accounts?

Not having any luck and sitting on a few.

Not sure. AdWords was sending me coupons pretty often for awhile there last year, but I haven't gotten one in ages.

There are special coupons for existing accounts, but they are few and rare. Keep an eye out on Fiverr, they pop up on there sometimes.

No workaround for redeeming coupons for new accounts on existing ones.. :(

banners
Back