The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Results From Facebooks Ads and My New Community Fan Page!

caseydennison

Affiliate
affiliate
Hey guys,

Not sure if this should go in the Social Media forum or Teespring sections, but it falls under both of them (mainly talking about Facebook, though).

I created a new FB fan page (community) a day or so ago and invited 8 friends from my personal page to like like it. This page was created to target people who were born the same year as me... and in an effort to build up a highly targeted, engaging community to eventually make money from different products (e.g. Teespring, CafePress etc.) I have created to target people in this community.

After inviting less than a handful of friends that I knew were my age, I created some posts that were relevant to the people in my community and posted them. Today, Jan. 29, 2015, I decided to start an Facebook Ad campaign for page likes (campaign went live at 6 p.m.) and I set everything up to only target people who were my age or about to turn my age, and born the same year.

The campaign was excepted and has only been live for 2 hours. So far I've received 46 (Update: 49) likes and have spent a total of $3.55. I set my daily budget at $10.00 a day (FB estimates 12-49 likes) and In the last 2 hours I've gotten a total of 46 likes.

My campaign and fan page are both VERY targeted, and so far the small community is very engaging with the content I have been posting. Overall, everything looks very promising!

I'm going to continue to post engaging and relevant status updates (and purchase likes) until I have at least 1,000 highly targeted page likes. Then I plan to build the page up organiclly (relying on the community) until I've grown a huge page (100k would be nice) :)

If things work out in my favor and I reach my target, I have an awesome design I had made up several months ago that I'm going to launch a Teespring campaign for.

I tested this shirt design the same night It was created (testing 5-6 different creatives with varying ad copy), and the results were great. I found an ad with a high CTR and was able to hit my target (10 shirts at $18.00) with Teespring making back the money I spent on the shirt design and ads, which also resulted in a nice little profit!

Hopefully I hit my target of 100k fans for this new page and can relaunch my Teespring campaign and make some serious bank. I've also thought about promoting other products like stickers, mugs and pretty much anything I can get made up that my community will be interested in.

Anyways, this is just the beginning. I'll try and report back with more results as they happen.

I can't say too much about my fan page or the Teespring campaign for fear that it will get saturated. It's best to get creative and come up with your own angle to profit from; plus, it just makes it that more exciting when you start to see success from something that was once an idea and turned into something more, because you executed and took action.

It really just boils down to testing, testing and testing some more - until you find something that works. Don't over analyze things or you'll never get started, and you'll never find out what works. I did this for the first 4 years I discovered internet marketing... and I kick myself today for not starting earlier.

Now that I look back, really I just wanted to learn as much as I possibly could; everyone does this, but what's important is that you learn not only what works, but what doesn't work.

Cheers,

Casey

Last edited:
Awesome! Congrats on taking action and seeing results already :) Are you using FPTraffic? If not, I would love to give you a free 2 week trial to see how it can help grow and monetize your Facebook Pages. Message me for more info if you're interested.

MI
Back