The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Removing backgrounds in Photoshop

Andy Haskins

Landing Page Guys
Hey everyone,

Is there a quick and easy way to remove backgrounds in photoshop (e.g. cut a person out of an image).

Just wondering as I've been doing it for a while and although I'm not too bad at it, I wondered if there might be something I'm missing that eases the process.

There is a plug in for exactly that... But I can't think what it's called and at a bbq at the moment... Got to enjoy the sun in the UK while you can :)

I'll fire up photoshop and let you know once I'm back.. Or give it a Google as may come up?

There is a plug in for exactly that... But I can't think what it's called and at a bbq at the moment... Got to enjoy the sun in the UK while you can :)

I'll fire up photoshop and let you know once I'm back.. Or give it a Google as may come up?

Definitely have to enjoy the weather, I've BBQ'd every day since it came out, shame it's gone again now though.

Andy,

What method are you using now?

mindseye.

I'm manually using the marquee tool to select the area, refining the edge and adding any effects to tidy it up. It looks neat but it's a long process.

Your technique resembles mine in some instances. Anyone familiar with knoockouts knows that each one can be different dependent upon the color and complexity of the backgrounds, etc.

I recently started using the following:

1.Topaz ReMask - Masking Made Easy

2. Perfect Mask 5.2 - onOne Software

Out of the two I prefer ReMask. Seems to run calculations faster and renders a better output.

Has saved me time when I have to do a lot of knocks or some detailed ones that, as you know, become very time consuming.

Also, was told to try Vertus from a pretty reputable PS guy. looks interesting as you can fine tune your areas etc.

Photo Editing Software, Digital Photography Image Editor Programs - VertusTech

Best of luck.

mindseye.

Thank you for the advice mindseye! Some of those programs look great, I'll have a little look in to them and let you know what I decide.

Thanks mindseye… I ended up staying at the bbq for quite a few beers lol! And then it slipped my mind!

I've never used Photoshop but I used to use Coreldraw everyday at work and I could separate elements in any picture and just use the layer I wanted or needed.

Sorry if that's not helpful but thought I'd mention it, just in case you are able to work with layers.

Personally, I prefer different tools depending on the photo. If it's not insanely detailed, I'll use the pen tool, for more accurate lines.

Hair that's blowing everywhere though..../shudder. That's not fun, and definitely involves some of the tools listed above.

banners
Back