The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Quick Question: Using YouTube Video Thumbnails and Affiliate Marketing

Call Me GOD

affiliate
This is the problem I am facing. I am not asking for legal advice just your experience with it and what you have researched yourself online.

An affiliate site based on product reviews from YouTube. Here's the thing though. The plugin I use is pulling the Video Thumbnail, is that in any sense copy write for profiting off their videos while having their video thumbnail property on my sites servers?

This is the problem I am facing. I am not asking for legal advice just your experience with it and what you have researched yourself online.

An affiliate site based on product reviews from YouTube. Here's the thing though. The plugin I use is pulling the Video Thumbnail, is that in any sense copy write for profiting off their videos while having their video thumbnail property on my sites servers?

The general practice is that it is not infringement unless the video wasn't authorized to be uploaded onto YouTube or if the uploaded video has a disclaimer attached to it that prevents its being shared. It's been a while since I looked at those options, but that's the gist of it.

You should be good, that's why they have the share options to begin with.

The general practice is that it is not infringement unless the video wasn't authorized to be uploaded onto YouTube or if the uploaded video has a disclaimer attached to it that prevents its being shared. It's been a while since I looked at those options, but that's the gist of it.

You should be good, that's why they have the share options to begin with.

Do you mind if I PM you the URL to give me an better opinion?

MI
Back