The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Quick question on running "clean"campaigns

hi guys,

can some one pls elaborate running "clean" campaigns

as opposed to the shady type of campaigns.

can u pls explain in layman terms the meaning of running a "clean" campaign

appreciated , good day ahead :)

To a layman, running a "clean" campaign simply means you are following the basic principles, conversion flow, and using approved creatives meant for the Campaign. U are promoting campaigns as expected and laid down by the advertiser. Most of the times, promoting campaigns this way leads to little conversions, which is why Affs use GreyHat and/or BlackHat.

There are usually 2 groups of clean campaigns.

First group and the most common one for affiliates is where the campaign follows the rules of the traffic source(s) and the advertiser.

The second, less common group is an offer that adds real value, that is ethical. Ethics are not so cut and dry, so most people just stick to the first group and consider it clean to promote bad quality products if the rules allow it. While nothing against the choice to do so, I wouldn't exactly call it clean.

You have White hat (clean) & black hat.

White hat means offers that are in compliance with traffic sources policies.

Black hat is running shady offers on traffic sources against their policies.

IMO I would stay away from black hat and just focus on clean offers.

I've run Realtor Lead Gen for more than 10 years and never had to to do BH. Not once, and bank big!

I've also been doing content marketing for more than 15 years and never had to run BH. I've found evergreen niches and set up sites to support them in industry niches like "Domestic Staff Providers", "Mastering Sushi", MMO's in all of there forms can be done completely WH with ease. There are so many niches that are yet not done in a professional manner and with a little work and research can make anyone incredible returns.

Most marketers don't think about building a business that can be sold down the road. I turn down offers every year for mine and the only reason I continually get offers to buy my business is because there is absolutely no BH involved in my business.

I don't like the cat and mouse game of BH these days especially. The entire industry has developed an all out assault on BH making it tougher than ever to catapult a business into the stratosphere. Many years back, there was such leniency in the business that nobody cared if the earnings were from BH, but now that cannot be said. Part of the downfall, continuing downfall, of BH is that a small portion of BH'rs themselves decided to start defrauding the advertisers and networks. Everyone was fine with the cloakers, the aggressive campaigns, etc., but then the fraud ramped up to cause such a spill over of complaints and loss of revenue that the entire industry is seeking solutions that will all but eliminate anyones attempts at fraud as well as violations of advertisers and networks promotional guidelines.

A few bad apples have spoiled the BH scene in a such a way it will soon be a remnant of its previous self.

banners
Back