The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Quick Intro

datawrangler

affiliate
Hi guys. Just stumbled across this site from one of it's YouTube vids. I've suddenly found myself with a lot of free time on my hands and was considering getting into PPV/CPV and other IM activities. I'm an IT guy, big on analytics and Lean processes (test, assess, pivot, spin it up once you've got it right) so I thought it might be a good match for my natural interests.... so where do I begin?

Cheers guys.

I've suddenly found myself with a lot of free time on my hands and was considering getting into PPV/CPV and other IM activities. I'm an IT guy, big on analytics and Lean processes (test, assess, pivot, spin it up once you've got it right) so I thought it might be a good match for my natural interests.... so where do I begin?

Hello @datawrangler and welcome to the AffiliateFix! It's great to see you have joined the DOJO. There are plenty of great tools and contributions in the DOJO from advanced marketers for you to begin your journey. This game is all about analysis and when you conquer that you will have a firm grip on how to disseminate the information to run profitable campaigns.

As for where you begin, well, begin with our WIKI and get a handle on the basics and some of the jargon. As well, understand the following as though it were a law of the universe. At the beginning you must learn to master one traffic source, one vertical, and one tracker. Do not under estimate this advice, I promise you, all of us took on more than we could chew at first and then in the end the fore referenced advice is what we all succumb to and found our success.

Here are some goals for you to begin:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

This world of marketing is an aggressive and fast moving industry and doesn't respond well to fence sitters. If you are serious, if you really want to make an entrepreneurial career of this, then get your butt in gear and take charge of your future with this industry. You can do it, just be committed and take serious action.

We look forward to seeing you around the forum!

T J

banners
Back