The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Questions about my email sending settings?

affilimate

affiliate
Hi, i am new here an i need some help.

I send out a few thousand emails every few months.
I mostly post from the same adress (one from my own not-so-important URL), and link to my main website. The mail mainly contains text and a small footer image (30k in size).
I send directly via my web space with the software MAxbulk Mailer (sending one second interval, and every 50 mails a minute break).

Questions::
-Is sending it via my web space provider the most sensible option, or are there clearly better suggestions here?
(I somehow sent it via AWS a few years ago as a test, the open rate was about the same).
I wanted to test Mailchimp briefly, but there were problems because of incorrect emails.
-Is it bad to send an email from one URL, linking to a website with another URL, maybe with loading an image from a third URL?
-Does it make sense to change the mail accounts from which I send? Some people have probably already replied to the mail account, and that reduces the chance of being considered spam...

According to the website analysis tool from my web space provider all inkl. for every 100 emails sent, there are approx. 50 views of the footer image.
I would of course like to estimate an approximate open rate from this?
I know that images have to be reloaded in some mail programs.
-But is there experience in what percentage of mail programs images have to be reloaded?
-Can I be absolutely sure that at least 50% of the mails were displayed, or is the spam check robot also tracked with the tracked calls? Is it possible to roughly infer an opening rate from the footer image display?

I would like to reduce the bounce rate by always testing the emails with a verifier before sending them. Which verifier is the best? I've read that many verifiers mark emails as "nonexistent" when they actually exist, is that a big problem?

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
See below: once you have this down the rest is math basically ... complex questions require complex learning

1. locate and read your webserver's access log --make sure that images are being recorded --fix that first
  2. load the image from you server in the email
  3. STEP 1; email yourself at gmail and other common public accounts you mail to
  4. see your webserver access log
    a.) use grep in a terminal to find the access log lines that contain that image name request
    b.) look at the IP address that loads it each time
    c.) get the hostname (reverse DNS [PTR]) of each request
  5. STEP 2; Now open the email like a normal user would
    REPEAT 4^above observe what the log says
This is the best way to get your answer --know what you are doing.

You need root access to add images to the log if they are not there
Skills required:
ssh
ls
whereis
grep
Bash:
#server configuration

@DS-11:~$whereis (apache2|nginix|other)
@DS-11:~$ cd /etc/apache2
@DS-11:/etc/apache2$ ls
apache2.conf conf-available  conf-enabled  envvars  magic  mods-available mods-enabled  ports.conf  sites-available  sites-enabled

#logs

$ cd /var/log/apache2
@DS-11:/var/log/apache2$ ls
access.log  error.log  error.log.1  other_vhosts_access.log
$ grep 'image.jpg' access.log
$ grep 'image.jpg' access.log|tac|cat -n|less
#read the grep line by line in reverse (by last time requested)

I use 5 GMail accounts, 5 Yahoo accounts, 5 Outlook accounts, and 5 mail server accounts for testing. Additionally, I use a second mail verifier platform for scrubbing. My primary mail processor has every feature needed for analyzing validity and secluding soft and hard bounces and also tracks all spam reports, opens, clicks, etc.

Verify and scrub all new emails added to your lists.

I always email from my dedicated email server. My emails almost always contain several different links for various needs and images always come from yet a third server I use to house all media of every kind used in my marketing.

banners
Back