The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

question on adds

lynn wilson

affiliate
newbie here. If i want to place an add say on Huffington post, is there where i have to sign up with a company whereby I bid on placement? Thanks so much

It depends on the site and the network. Basically big sites such as Huffington post are not found on regular networks we get access to. They either directly sell their placements or a big media company sells on behalf of them.

But if you mean normal sites that can be found on regular networks, there are 2 types of them. 1 being "blind-network" & 2 being a regular network.

Blind network works as advertisers will never see/know sites domain name itself, but they can see the site-ID made for each site. Networks are mainly blind networks to keep you see whos the publishers & from your analytics and data you can see which site-ID is working best for you and THEN you can only select that site-ID. Or if you are lucky ad network for some reason passed the referral to you, which you can then use to see which site it is. Otherwise, there are some technic for website research to see which sites run on which network but if you are new, it would be harder.

Regular network passes the site domain name as the referral and you have access to see which site it is.

But as said ad networks are mainly blind.

Or another thing you can take a shot at is to ask your AM if they have that site in their inventory and if they do, ask for the site-ID so you can buy ads on their placement.

It depends on the site and the network. Basically big sites such as Huffington post are not found on regular networks we get access to. They either directly sell their placements or a big media company sells on behalf of them.

But if you mean normal sites that can be found on regular networks, there are 2 types of them. 1 being "blind-network" & 2 being a regular network.

Blind network works as advertisers will never see/know sites domain name itself, but they can see the site-ID made for each site. Networks are mainly blind networks to keep you see whos the publishers & from your analytics and data you can see which site-ID is working best for you and THEN you can only select that site-ID. Or if you are lucky ad network for some reason passed the referral to you, which you can then use to see which site it is. Otherwise, there are some technic for website research to see which sites run on which network but if you are new, it would be harder.

Regular network passes the site domain name as the referral and you have access to see which site it is.

But as said ad networks are mainly blind.

Or another thing you can take a shot at is to ask your AM if they have that site in their inventory and if they do, ask for the site-ID so you can buy ads on their placement.
Thanks I need to hire a consultant!

MI
Back