The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Question about SMTP email providers

travissimons

affiliate
Hello
I would like to clearify a doubt that I have about email marketing.
I have a online business and I'm promoting it through email marketing campaigns.
Until now I'm just using mailgun but I have not been successful so far because most emails go to spam.
I ear good things about amazon ses and sendgrid but I'm not sure If I should change to that smtp providers. Need choose a good one to invest in a dedicated IP and start a new campaign.
Can you guys recommend a good SMTP Service Provider for Bulk email?

Hello Travis.

Are you doing permission marketing which some call spam? Or do you have a webshop/project where you are trying to optimize income on already signed up users.

I'm doing permission marketing to non-confirmed Opt-in email contacts because I want to get new clients.
80% of my email list is non-confirmed Opt-in I get them from multiple databases.
I need one SMTP that has a good dedicted IP with reputation in order to allow me send messages to my new email contacts and go directly to their inbox. I ear good things about sendgrid but I don't know which of best SMTP should I choose.
Which SMTP you recommend me?

Last edited:
It's not only the sending IP that can be blacklisted. Your "from" email can be flagged too. In other words, even if you were using the best SMTP server, if your sending email address gets flagged, you'll continue to end up in spam folder.

It's possible that some of the email addresses you have collected are spam traps. I would suggest using a list hygiene service like zerobounce.net for example.

I have used it in the past with great success.

So if my email address gets flagged and it makes emails end up in spam folder. what should I do?
Sometimes I receive in my email a failure message from "mailer-daemon" about recipients not delivered. It's a signal that something is not right? What should I do? Should I change my "from" email?

It's not only the sending IP that can be blacklisted. Your "from" email can be flagged too. In other words, even if you were using the best SMTP server, if your sending email address gets flagged, you'll continue to end up in spam folder.

It's possible that some of the email addresses you have collected are spam traps. I would suggest using a list hygiene service like zerobounce.net for example.

I have used it in the past with great success.

Should I use a dedicated IP and change my "from" email address to avoid end up spam folder?

I'm doing permission marketing to non-confirmed Opt-in email contacts because I want to get new clients.
80% of my email list is non-confirmed Opt-in I get them from multiple databases.
I need one SMTP that has a good dedicted IP with reputation in order to allow me send messages to my new email contacts and go directly to their inbox. I ear good things about sendgrid but I don't know which of best SMTP should I choose.
Which SMTP you recommend me?
Non-confirmed you mean single opt-in?

Aha :). There are no big SMTP's that will let you send to single opt-in unless you get very low complain rate and your OR is off the roof.

So i would recommend using one of the many other solution providers there is :).

You are mailing purchased email addresses from non-exclusive mail lists you are buying. That's why ...
You are saying you are sending to undeliverable emails too "Sometimes I receive in my email a failure message from "mailer-daemon" about recipients not delivered." You need to scrub the addresses before you send them. What percentage is Sometimes? 2% or 10%?

You are sending 80% unsolicited mails -- they may not be technically *spam* as the names on that list *may* have consented to third-part email *offers*

80% of my email list is non-confirmed Opt-in I get them from multiple databases....

You will get similar results with that list no matter what ever you try probably.

Last edited:
You are mailing purchased email addresses from non-exclusive mail lists you are buying. That's why ...
You are saying you are sending to undeliverable emails too "Sometimes I receive in my email a failure message from "mailer-daemon" about recipients not delivered." You need to scrub the addresses before you send them. What percentage is Sometimes? 2% or 10%?

You are sending 80% unsolicited mails -- they may not be technically *spam* as the names on that list *may* have consented to third-part email *offers*

You will get similar results with that list mo matter what ever you try probably.

Yes But I have no way to contact them unless by email. I already try import most of the contact to facebook to then send friend request and invite them to subscribe but most of them refuse to subscribe. Last month from my 80k Unsubscribed list I invited 4000 person that are registered on facebook . Only 800 person accept become my friend and when I interact only 100 subscribed to my list (That's not much......). That is the problem I want to reach more people and interact with them (TO GET MORE OPT-INS) but I don't know how. I need a new solution. How should I invite them to opt-in ?

Step by step solution to increase your deliverability rate:

1/ Use zerobounce or any other list hygiene tool - get a paid account, it's pretty cheap

2/ Upload your list there and wait for it to be processed. It will filter out all spam traps, undeliverable emails, emails known to complain etc

3/ At this point you'll get a clean email list - Purge your old one and use that cleaned list only

4/ Create new email address (ideally from another domain name than the one you have been using)

5/ Get an Amazon SES account and validate/verify your new email address

6/ Get Sendy and connect your Amazon SES account

7/ Import your cleaned list

8/ Enjoy!

MailGun has a good reputation & deliverability. you should be checking your mail practice & email contents i d say.

If you going with dedicated IPs. there are benefits of it. but still you will go through deliverability headache and warm up. after you build a good sender reputation it will much profitable and little easier to maintain.

You bought a list from a list broker and are having poor results -- correct?
That is what I am understanding here ...

If YOUR email was on some list and you got an email out of the blue -- what would you do;
  1. delete it; or,
  2. respond to it in some manner?
In someone signs up on your website for an email *newsletter* they would be expecting an opt-in message -- you can't compare the two -- this is like comparing apples and carrots.

We are WhiteListed with all ISPs so it saves you from going to the spam folder also right now we have a 50,000 Recipient / unlimited emails a month trial going, if you want more info just let me know.

MailGun has a good reputation & deliverability. you should be checking your mail practice & email contents i d say.

If you going with dedicated IPs. there are benefits of it. but still you will go through deliverability headache and warm up. after you build a good sender reputation it will much profitable and little easier to maintain.

Ok. I understand.
Can you recomend a thread or any good website where explains detailed how warm up process works?
How long it probably takes until get a good sender reputation?

banners
Back