The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Question About PR

webman1200

affiliate
If a site is PR4, does it mean that it is on the 1st page in the #4 position, or does it mean that it is on the 4th page in search results?

webman1200, both of those are wrong.

PR is for PageRank. That is one of the numerous factors that Google take into consideration. A lot of people give it too much attention.

Each page of a site has a PageRank. When it is said the site has a 4 PageRank that is talking about the home page of that site. Other pages of that site could have different Page Ranks.

A PageRank of 4 means it has a Page Rank of 4. There is no way to determine what page it will be in the Search Engine Results Pages as a result of that. It is possible to be #1 on the first page with a PageRank of 4. It is also possible to be on page 100 with a PageRank of 4.

It is possible for a page with a PageRank of 3 to be higher in the search results than one with a PageRank of 4.

There are a few ways. The most common is by installing the Google Toolbar. You can do that at toolbar.google.com

Cool, I downloaded the Google toolbar and can now see the PR of a site. One last question: Which way of the scale does it go? Such as is PR1 or PR10 the best?

PR can be checked through many tools but may be fake sometimes.

The google toolbar is the best option to check Page Rank.
so jus download it from net.

Mozilla's Firefox is a great Internet browser - more reliable than Internet Explorer. And if you download and install that for free it automatically gives you the page rank of any site you're looking at. You can have Explorer and Firefox installed on your computer and use either one or both at the same time, which can be good when one browser is slow for whatever reason.

DAn

As others have stated, I'd suggest getting Firefox if you don't already. Then download the plug in SEO Status. It literally has everything you need built straight into it and helps with all your SEO efforts. It will make things 'click' alot easier. Keep in mind that Google's pagerank does not work at times, when it doesn't I usually head to a tool called Dig Pagerank which usually works regardless of if my toolbar is not.

better use firefox and google toolbar to know site PR :)

the PR is deciding factor of the importance of your site in the worldwideweb. different algorithm set by Google is used to calculate pr.

banners
Back